Chapter number six ✔

"I won't just survive
Oh you will see me thrive
Can't write my story
I'm beyond the archetype."

Rise; Katy Perry

-

"We fucked it up, right?" Lance whispered to me when we were sitting in Mrs. Williams' office, waiting for her to finish her call. After Stroll stick up for me in the incident involving his father, I naively thought that this might be a sign of a bright future. That we matured and we'll be able to work together without screaming at each other every second. Well...this thought was wrong. Later that date, we had a quite bad argument, and I don't even remember what was it about. Lance probably got his ass smacked for not being on his daddy's side, I really don't know what happened to him. He started this absolutely stupid argument in the worst place. In the garage. I could ignore him or tell him that we are going to discuss it later. But what did I do? Yes, I started arguing with him in front of the whole team. Claire saw and heard everything and let me tell you that she wasn't really thrilled. And here we are now, sitting in the principal office.

"You really disappointed me guys," Claire started when she finished her call, looking at us, "I though that you are getting along pretty well. It...this just can't happen again. Driver and his engineer must have a good relationship in order to have results. So from this time you'll go everywhere together and you'll be spending as much time together as needed. I know it's not pleasent but it's the only way how to solve this situation." 

"Excuse me? Why should I do this? I'm not his fucking PR or PA manger who has to go behind his ass every time! I'm sorry for the argument, and I can assure that it will never happen again. I'll be as professional as possible, but I would rather kill myelf than all my time with him," I shouted and stood up. Despite my outburst, Mrs. Williams stayed incredibly calm.

"Ms. Deschamps, calm down and sit please," she said sternly, and I immediately did that, "I know that you aren't happy with the situation, but we have to do it. Driver and his race engineer are supposed to work very closely. I just want the best for you and the team, so please, respect this. I'm not saying that you should spend every hour together, especially at night," she paused for a moment to look at us, and I rolled my eyes. Does she really think I would be THAT stupid?  "Lance, what's your opinion on this? Do you agree with the decision?" Boss turned to Canadian, and I looked at him. He's definitely say something to please her. There is no way he would go against her.

"Well, I'm not happy with that, but I'll do everything for making you happy," he said, and I was doing my best to supress a grin. That man didn't even bother to change, he is still the same as before. Acting like a saint who would never hurt a fly.