[ 𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 ]

Male!Kris x Reader
Request for @ColorfulSkittlez

There was something bothering you, and it involves the brown-haired boy holding your hand.

It's been like this for quite a while now. Kris would either hold your hand, sit really close to you, pat your head, lean on your shoulder, and more. He would also hug you, but that wasn't as common as the other things. Even though you knew that these were clearly friendly gestures, your heart couldn't help but beat faster and you didn't know why.

"?" Kris looked at you with concern. You give him a reassuring smile. He continues holding your hand.

You can feel as he fiddles with your hand, feeling your fingers like he was trying to memorize the feeling of it. You didn't hate it, it was actually quite comforting. There was just a strange nervous feeling, that's all.

--

You were sitting on one of the stairs of the school entrance, waiting for Kris to arrive. It was getting late and his mother had called his phone a bunch of times.

"(y/n), I'm afraid I have to go now. Do you want to come with? I can give you a ride to your home." Toriel asked you with a concerned tone.

"It's fine, Ms. Toriel. I'm gonna wait for Kris here." You heard that he had been late to school and was partnered with Susie for a project. After that, Ms. Alphys asked them both to get some chalk from the closet, then no one saw them ever since.

"Alright then. Stay safe, my child." Toriel said. She walked to where her minivan was parked, and drove away.

A few minutes passed in silence as you waited for your friend. You felt worried, since he was with Susie, and she wasn't really known for not being scary to everyone. Well, except for Noelle, who seemed to turn red everytime the mean girl was mentioned. Huh.

Speaking of turning red, you had to ask her what she felt about Susie when you see each other. Maybe it's the same as what you felt about Kris.

"(y/n)?" You hear one of your friends, (f/n), call out to you. You snap out of your thinking state and wave to them with a smile.

"Man, I can't believe you're still here! Is something wrong?"

You sigh. "No, not really. I'm just waiting for Kris. It's getting kinda late, and I'm just... worried, I guess?" (f/n) sat down next to you.

"Yeah. The last time anyone saw him was when he went outside the classroom. Knowing Susie, she would've killed him by now." You shot them a glare. "I mean- he wouldn't be dead, but badly injured, at least."

"Why do you say that?" You ask, glare not softening.

"I mean, it's Susie, man! Everyone knows she's a-" You hear a rough voice cough from right behind you. You and your friend turn around to face the mean girl you were just talking about. You felt your friend freeze.

"If you're both waiting for Kris, he's inside. I didn't kill him or anything, so don't piss your pants over it." Susie snickered, and walked away.

You elbow (f/n) in the chest. "See, I told you."

"Alright! Alright. He's not dead. Why are you so worried about him, anyways? Do you like him?" They say in a teasing tone.

"Uh, yeah? He's my best friend." You say nonchalantly. (f/n) shakes their head.

"What I mean is, do you like like him? As more than a best friend?"

"I dunno?" You really didn't know. "I mean, whenever he holds my hand or pats my head my heartrate increases and my face turns red sometimes. You know, like Noelle does everytime we talk about Susie or something. I'm not sure what that means but I can ask Noelle about it-"

"Hey. Stop rambling." (f/n) cut you off. "You clearly have a crush on the dude."

"Say what now?"

"Oh my god!" (f/n) chuckles. "You have a crush on Kris! I guess you can call it a Krush, lol."

"W-what??" You feel your face redden with embarassment. "No I don't! What makes you say that?"

"Dude. You literally compared what you feel to how Noelle feels for Susie. Everyone knows that Noelle likes her." (f/n) rolls their eyes. "Don't tell me you don't know that?"

"Wha- well what if I don't?" You ask.

"Then you're dense. Really, really dense."

You groan. You were about to say something, but suddenly, there was a mysterious weight on your head. You look up and see Kris.

"Hey Kris!" You say a liitle bit too loud. You can literally hear your heart racing. (f/n) snickers.

"Alright, this is a perfectly convenient time for me to go now. (y/n), Kris, see ya later! Have fun." (f/n) teased, and disappeared. You glare at the direction he went to.

You stand up and face Kris. He releases his hand from your head and puts both hands in his pockets.

"Your mom called you a bunch of times. Where were you, anyways? No one saw you after first period!"

Kris thought for a moment. "You wouldn't believe me."

"Well, you could just tell me. I won't judge." You tell him. "Unless you're committing crime, of course."

He sighs. "I'm not. I'll tell you later. Let's get some food."

You both walk away from the school. It was awkward and quiet for a while, then suddenly he slips his hand under yours and starts holding it.

The familiar feeling of your heart racing comes back.

"You have a crush on Kris!"

You can hear (f/n)'s voice in your mind.It was too late to shake the thought out of your head.

You glance at the brunet. 'Now that I actually know this, would it change anything? Dates happen when two people have a crush on each other, right? Do I want Kris to like me back? Yeah, that sounds nice. Does he even like me back? Maybe he does, that's why he does all of these stuff that makes my heart race. But what happens if he doesn't?'

"(y/n)?" Kris asks you. You realize you have been looking at him for quite a while now. Great.

"What? I'm fine. Just... thinking." You say, glancing at your intertwined fingers. "Hey Kris, why do you hold my hand so much?"

"Dunno." He pauses. "Feels nice."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Why do you ask?"

"Nothing. It's not like I like you or anything." You reply. Kris chuckles.

"Alright."

--

[a/n]: Oof I'm sorry for not updating for a long time, my old phone screen was destroyed and apparently they don't have extra parts of it so yeah. School's gonna start next monday and I rlly don't wanna see my exam scores T^T I deleted the previous update chapter so I just wanna say thanks for the ~2k reads and ~90 votes!! Also as always, thanks for reading :P