[ *𝙵𝚕𝚒𝚛𝚝 ]

"I seem to have lost my phone number. Can I have yours?"

*There must be something wrong with my eyes, since I can't stop staring at you.

"I must be in a museum, because you truly are a work of art."

This back-and-forth banter with Kris has been going on for a very long time now. It started as a contest, to see who can get the other person to blush first. However, both of you were competitive as hell, so the contest has lasted for at least a month now.

*You remind me of a magnet, because you sure are attracting me here!" Kris says.

"Is it hot in here or is it just you?" You casually reply back.

*I'm lost. Can you give me directions to your heart?" Kris replies as well. You laugh.

"Alright, that's enough for today. We need to start working on our homework." You say to Kris, who just pouts.

"Aww, you almost blushed!"

"No I wasn't!"

--

"Yes you were."

"N-no! I was not!" You replied, stammering. Noelle laughs.

"I can see the way you look at them. And if you didn't notice, It's the same way I 'ogle at Susie.' Your words." She replies, opening her locker. "Everyone thinks the both of you are dating."

"Wh- Shut up!" You replied, the volume a little too loud. You open your locker (which was next to Noelle's) and stuffed all your books inside, trying to make them all fit. "It's just a game, that's all!"

"Okay, then. If you say so." She said in a mocking tone, and walked to her first class. You headed in the opposite way to walk to yours.

It is just a contest, and Kris is just a friend.

Just a friend.

--

Alright, you admit, Kris is most definitely not a friend. Well, to you, anyways.

You barely paid attention to class, opting to stare at the quiet brunette who was sitting in front of you.

You think about when Noelle told you about how you 'enjoyed flirting with Kris.' Sure, it was fun to play a silly game of saying cheesy pickup lines to get the other person to blush and sure, you both won't stop until someone loses because you were just really competitive.

Kris is also a nice person, and there was no problem with them as a friend. Even if they were quiet with other people, they were nice and helpful, they make funny jokes and they were your partner in most things, when their eyes are uncovered they look really nice and-

You feel your heart thumping faster. Oh no.

You do like them.

But if you do like them, how are you going to flirt with them without transforming into a blubbering red mess? What about the game? It was just a lighthearted one, but you never knew what happens when you lose. You both had determination after all.

"Calm down." you say to yourself. "You were able to do it before, what stops you from flirting with them now?"

Nothing, hopefully.

--

You sit down in your usual spot in the librarby, mentally preparing yourself for the arrival of Krismas. You had agreed to help them with homework before, and you both go to the librarby together ever since. However, today was their turn to clean the board, so they asked you to go here early to get started.

You decided to start doing your homework, so it would be easier to tutor Kris about it.

'It's a Friday today, thank god.' You thought. Your thoughts soon drifted away into the little contest you had, and doing your homework in advance eventually turned into thinking of flirting lines to use against them.

The door to the librarby opened, and Kris walked over to the seat beside you with a serious expression on their face. They sat beside you, dropping their bag on the table.

"H-heya Kris! Should we st-" Before you finished your sentence, they leaned closer to you and whispered something in your ear.

*Your pants look great, but I bet they would look better on my bedroom floor.

crap.

You turn around and look at a smirking Kris. You were speechless, and before you knew it, the heat rose up to your cheeks and your face became 50 shades redder.

You lost. "Th-that's unfair!!" You stammered, lightly slapping Kris in their shoulder. The wall looks really interesting right now. You just can't look at them in the eye yet.

Kris laughed. "It was Susie's idea."

"Man, if Susie says that to Noelle, I bet she would combust." You turn to Kris again, chuckling. "Alright, you won. What do you want?"

*A date.

"Do I look like someone who can set up a date for you or something?"

"No, I mean..." Kris said. "I want to go on a date. With you."

You felt your cheeks turn red again. "What??? Why???"

"I like you. Duh." They said without making eye contact.

"Oh." You replied awkwardly. "I like you too, I guess."

Kris smiled. "How about tomorrow at the Diner, at 9?"

"Sure. But let's finish our homework for now. No flirting."

"Alright."

--
[a/n]: Kris seems more talkative in this one. Its probably because they're comfortable. Please give feedback! Thanks for reading!