Chapter 13 - The old friend

Grace's POV

As soon as I came home, I took off my heels. My feet were sore.

I went to the living room and collapsed onto the couch. I was so tired. Ethan didn't let me breathe in peace for a second.

"Ms. Davies, Nathan is sleeping. Do you need something else?" Gloria asked as she approached me.

"No, thanks. You may leave." I said, giving her a warm smile. She nodded and left.

I stood up and went to the nursery room. I smiled as I looked at my sleeping little boy. He looked so cute. I approached him and stroked his hair gently. I missed him so much today. It was the first day that we spent so much separate time. I looked forward to coming home and seeing my little boy.

After watching my boy for a while, I went to my bedroom. I changed my clothes.

Suddenly, the doorbell hummed.

Who is it at this hour?

I went to open the door. When I opened the door, my eyes widened in surprise.

"Ruby?" I murmured.

She hugged me tightly. I smiled and hugged her back. I really missed my best friend.

A few seconds later, she pulled back.

"Where the hell had you disappeared? You scared the shit out of me." She snapped and placed her hands on her hips.

Suddenly, Nathan started crying. Ruby's eyes widened in surprise.

"Baby?" She asked, confused. "...Holy shit! Don't tell me it is yours?" She added. I bit my lower lip, blushing and nodded. Her jaw dropped.

"Is the baby daddy Ethan?" She murmured. I nodded. "Oh my goodness...If Ethan finds out that you keep his baby away from him a secret, he will burn the world without waiting for a second." She said in horror.

I breathed deeply.

"Let's talk inside." I suggested. She nodded and walked in.

"Make yourself at home. I will check Nathan and come back." I said, giving her a warm smile. She nodded and went to the living room.

When I walked into the nursery room, Nathan was crying desperately. I approached him and took him in my arms.

"My boy." I cooed him, stroking his back and placed a tender kiss on his cheek.

He placed his head on my chest as he stopped crying and grabbed my shirt. I smiled and kissed his head. I wrapped his blanket around him and grabbed his toy. Then I carried him to the living room.

"Oh my goodness...How cute he is!" Ruby exclaimed, smiling as she saw Nathan.

She stood up and took him in her arms.

"Grace, he is a carbon copy of Ethan. Oh my goodness! How much they look like each other. It is incredible." She said in awe, stroking Nathan's hair gently. "Even his grumpy expression is the same." She added, chuckling. I sighed and gave her a slight smile.

Nathan started crying. Ruby gave him to me. As soon as I took him in my arms, he stopped crying.

"Mister is being grumpy when he is away from you like his daddy." Ruby teased, giving me a mischievous grin. I couldn't hold myself and smiled, shaking my head.

Nathan was sitting on my lap, shaking his rattle while I was sitting on the couch beside Ruby.

"Ethan will be furious. I don't want to think what he will do when he finds out. He really changed. He isn't the same sweet guy." Ruby commented, stroking Nathan's hand.

"Yeah, I am well aware of his change thanks to the magazines." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Yeah, he changes girls like dirty socks."

I bit my lower lip, feeling upset and looked away.

"But why did you run away? I don't believe you didn't love him as you had written in your letter. Especially Nathan..." Ruby sighed. I took a deep breath and told her everything since the beginning.

"Oh my...What a horrible person he is!" Ruby exclaimed in shock.

I kissed Nathan's head, caressing his blond hair gently, staring into space.

"Ethan isn't different from him. He threatened me like his grandfather. Threatening me to destroy other's lives for getting what he wants." I confessed. Ruby gave me a questioning look. I sighed and told her about Ethan's threat.

"I can not believe my ears. Dumbass! Jerk! I didn't expect it from Ethan." She said angrily and ruffled her hair. "What are you going to do now? How will you tell him about Nathan?" She asked, stroking Nathan's hand.

I bit my lower lip. "I don't know. I don't even know I should be afraid of Victor's reaction or Ethan's reaction when they find out about Nathan." I sighed, depressed. "I am afraid of that if Ethan finds out, he will take Nathan from me. I can not bear it." I confessed and hugged Nathan tightly in my arms.

"Oh, Grace." Ruby gave me a compassionate look.

A month later

When I arrived at the company, I saw my colleagues, Ava and Valeria talking while looking at the magazine, grinning ear-to-ear.

"Aww...he is gorgeous." Ava commented, staring at the magazine, mesmerized.

"Yeah. What a lucky girl!" She sighed.

"Good morning, girls." I greeted them as I approached them. "What are you looking at?" I asked, smiling.

"Good morning. Our gorgeous boss in the magazines again." Ava replied.

"Oh." I muttered, forcing a smile.

"And another clingy model's paws on him." Valeria added, rolling her eyes. I bit my lower lip as I felt upset.

"Valeria, if you were in her place, you would glue to him like that girl. He is freaking sexy. I could give everything to spend the night with him. According to gossip, he is the best in bed." Ava said, smiling.

I clenched my fist. I felt jealous. If his conquests weren't enough, even his employees dreamed about him.

Ugh! What do these girls see in him?

Really, Grace?! The same thing that you saw in him a year ago. And the same thing you still see in him.

Get a grip, Grace!

I rolled my eyes at my thoughts. I cleared my throat.

"Ok, girls. Let's focus on work." I said. "Someone needs to work, while our boss entertains himself with his dolls." I added bitterly.

Ava and Valeria stood up immediately as their expression changed.

"Good morning, sir." They said at the same time, looking behind me.

I closed my eyes, cursing under my breath. I bit my lower lip nervously and turned around slowly.

My eyes met a pair of crystal blue eyes. Ethan was looking at me with a blank expression. He looked so gorgeous in his navy blue suit.

He cleared his throat and said firmly

He cleared his throat and said firmly. "To my office. Now!"