Chapter 3 - Matchmaking

Ethan's POV

I was having dinner with my family. My grandparents, Victor and Claire Carter joined us for dinner.

"Today, I came across Lina. She is a polite girl." My grandpa said.

I was bored with hearing his admiration for Lina. Lina was the daughter of my father's friend. Their family was so wealthy and powerful. My grandpa knew her family too. He tried to play a matchmaker for us. As much as I tried to explain to him that I loved Grace, he was still trying to get us together.

"Grandpa!" I frowned angrily.

My sister, Harper placed her hand on my forearm, trying to calm me down as she noticed that I got mad.

"She is a good girl. She is talented, intelligent, loving. Perfect for our family." He commented, looking at me.

"I love Grace." I reminded, annoyed.

"Ethan, she doesn't fit with our family. When will you see?" He said firmly.

I frowned. "Why? Because she isn't wealthy like us?" I asked mockingly. "I love her, Grandpa. It will be good if you accept it. Because I am planning to marry her." I stated confidently and stood up.

"Never! She didn't love you. She is with you for your money." He snapped. I gritted my teeth.

"Ethan, sit down." My father, Chad intervened.

I frowned and sat down.

He turned his face towards my grandpa and said. "And Dad, Grace is a good girl. Elise and I like her. We are sure that she really loves Ethan. And she isn't a girl like you think."

He traveled his gaze from my grandpa to me and gave me a sympathetic smile. My mother nodded in agreement and placed her hand on top of my father's hand. I gave him a grateful look.

"Whatever." My grandpa muttered and sipped his wine.

My father winked at me.

****

"A meeting? As far as I remember I don't have a meeting tomorrow." I said to my assistant, puzzled.

"Yes, sir. But your grandfather, Mr. Carter, wanted me to arrange a meeting with Miss Lina Adams. He wants you to talk to Ms. Adams about the interior design of the new hotel." She informed me.

Grandpa!

I clenched my fist angrily. I knew what he wanted to do.

When will you give up?

"Ok, you may leave." I said. She nodded and left.

I frowned, running my hand through my hair. I stood up and went to my father's office.

I knocked on the door and walked in

"Oh, Ethan. Come and sit down." He gave me a warm smile and continued signing the papers in front of him.