Johnny's getting married

"So Johnny's getting married?" Sacha said holding up a photo of Emma in a bridesmaid's dress on his phone
"Apparently" Jac replied
"Are you jealous?"
"Pah you must be joking"
"Oh come on not even a little bit"
"Honestly Sacha I don't care if he shacks up with some nubile 25 yr old. There is not one cell in my body that is jealous of that"
"But ..."
"But Emma will have a new family. Johnny, his wife, siblings"
"And you"
"And me"
Jac smiled to herself as she thought of the other family that Emma would soon be enveloped in. With her.
"I'm a little tired , I'll see you later"
Jac made her way up to her room, took out her phone and dialled his number
"Hey" he answered
"Hey"
"How is it?"
"Mostly full of arrogant pricks"
"Mmm yeah Ric can be a bit much at times" he joked
"He's probably the most modest one here" she laughed "wish you were here instead"
"Ooh check you out Naylor. You gone soft in your old age?"
"Hey less of the old you"
"I wish I was there too. Remind me again why you had to go?"
"I got bullied into it by Sacha and it's hard to say no to those puppy dog eyes and" she paused "I didn't know that this would happen between us did I?"
"Well I must admit I was pretty much convinced that I was firmly in the friend zone until you turned up at my house on Boxing Day when Sacha had taken all the kids to the panto"
"Sorry"
"What for?"
"Well you know saying I didn't want you in one breath, saying if I was going to be with anyone I would want it to
be you in the next, wanting to be just friends, asking you to look after Emma and make decisions about my medical treatment . So many mixed messages"
"It's Ok Jac. I get it, you were just looking out for both of us I think but you have to trust me now that you've agreed to at least give us a try. I refuse to let you screw this up"
"And you think we can do this? Including the kids?"
"Absolutely" he said confidently
"Well it's going to be even more difficult for Emma"
"Really? Why's that then?"
"Johnny's getting married "
"No way"
"Yes way. The Barbie doll has finally got her claws into him"
"You jealous Naylor?"
"That's what Sacha said. Johnny's not some kind of sex god that I can't resist you know"
"Well I'm very glad to hear it. I should be the only sex god in your life"
He pictured her rolling her eyes which of course she was and laughed
"It's a good job I like you Fletcher. Most would not come out alive after a comment like that"
"Oh you love it" he said cheekily