Chapter 1

Yoongi POV

Humming softly to myself, I readjust the strap on my school bag as I walk down the hallway of the college building. Shoving my hands into my pants pockets, I make my way past people and head off towards the front doors to leave this place.

Thankfully, I've got my earbuds stuck in my ears with music blasting so that I don't have to hear the talk from everyone around me. I just keep my eyes on the stupid linoleum flooring as I go by, just wanting to be out of this place already. Though, as I reach the front doors and step outside of the building, I sigh as I find it raining. Shaking my head to myself, I just trudge along despite the weather and begin to make my way to the small coffee shop that's about ten minutes away from here.

I try to ignore my thoughts as I walk along the sidewalk alone, trying to focus more on the music playing into my ears instead. Biting my lip, I let my eyes wander around my surrounds as I walk, somewhat enjoying the rain as it provides an odd sense of comfort for me. The rain takes my mind off my whirling thoughts, easing them as I instead focus on the droplets refreshing everything around me including myself, no longer thinking of all of my frustrations.

Though, all too soon, I arrive at the small café. Pursing my lips at the sight of the building, I mentally cross my fingers and hope that he's actually going to be here and in a good mood this time. It's been such a long time since he's actually been in a semi decent mood when he comes, and even then, he doesn't come here much anymore. Much to my surprise when I step inside, I actually find him at our usual table with a warm drink sat on the table in front of him.

I smile to myself as I turn my music off and take my earbuds out, putting them away as I head up to the front counter. Giving a small smile to the girl behind the counter, I quietly order my drink.

As I wait for her to make it, I step off to the side so that I'm not in anyone else's way. Biting my lip, I glance back over at him, trying to decipher now, if he's in a good mood or not. Though, it only appears that he seems to be in a fairly neutral mood, face blank and lacking emotion as he sits there with his hands cupped around his drink and eyes trained on the seat across from him.

"Min Yoongi?" The girl from behind the counter speaks up, causing me to spin on my heel. Giving her a small smile, I take my drink before heading over to the booth where he's already sat at.

"Hey, Tae. How are you?" I ask softly as I slide into the seat across from my friend. He drags his gaze up to look at me, eyes still just as blank as he merely shrugs before looking away again. I frown slightly at his lack of response, worried for my friend.

"Tae, is everything okay? You've been seeming really down lately and you've not been your talkative self for a while now." I tell him, keeping my tone gentle and voice down as I hope for an answer this time.

"Why do you care so much, Yoongi? It's not like I'm anything special to you. I'm just some random ass guy you decided you wanted as your friend." Taehyung counters emotionlessly, looking back over at me. My frown deepens at his question, greatly disliking his comment.

"Tae, you're my best friend. You've been my best friend for years now. Why the hell wouldn't I care about you?" I respond. He just scoffs, rolling his eyes as he looks out the window beside of us.

"Do you actually care about me and consider me a best friend because that's what we are, or because you're just too afraid to hurt me right now and admit that you don't actually care anymore? Or does it have something to do with the state of your home life and how 'shitty' that truly is?" Tae challenges, not looking over at me as he speaks.

I swallow hard, not having expected the sudden low blow. All I can manage to do is stare at him in disbelief at what he's claiming, and the question that he's raising.

"That's what I thought." He mutters before moving out of the booth and standing.

"Tae, you're my best friend. Nothing of what you mentioned has anything to do with affecting us. With or without my family life, you're still my best friend." I inform him before he can walk away. He just rolls his eyes again though, shaking his head as he looks down at me.

"No, Yoongi. You only think that because I'm the only person who hasn't completely abandoned your ass yet. You don't even fucking know me anymore. Did you ever think of that?"