▪Missing▪ Part 1▪

Start from the beginning

My eyes wandered around until I saw a flowerpot out of place. I lightly picked it up and found a key. Bingo. Grabbing the key and inserting into the door, we walked inside Y/N's empty looking apartment. There wasn't any sign of her being her at all today; no smell of cooking, there was dirty dishes in the sink, no humming, her bed wasn't even done. The place was unusually deserted, almost as if this belonged to another person. Luckily I know for a fact this is Y/N's apartment. It's easy to spot all her favorited things.

"She's not here. Maybe she forgot?" Natsu mumbled. I shook my head.

"Y/N doesn't forget things easily. It seems as if she wasn't even here at all. Her bed isn't made, it doesn't smell like her cooking, almost as if she didn't live here at all." Lucy looked very worried, but I was even more worried. What if she got hurt? What if she's gone for good? It's not like her to ever just leave us like this without notice.

"What if she doesn't like us anymore!" Happy cried. Erza shook her head lightly.

"Perhaps she's already at the guild hall. Come along now, no time to lose," Erza almost pushed us all out the door. She seems so calm, but how? I put the key back where I found it after locking Y/N's apartment.

Erza seems too calm for this. Isn't she worried for the health of Y/N? It's not like she's an enemy or anything, she's apart of our team. Even Natsu seems concerned, even if it's a little bit. I just hope she's okay. I've been stuck in my own thoughts too long to notice we have reached the guild hall... or to notice the door I almost bumped into.

I was the first one inside. My eyes darted around the room, looking for our missing teammate. Lucy went to check the pool, Erza went to check the game room, Natsu and I checked the main room. Happy was doing whatever he normally does. There were no signs of Y/N being here. I sighed and walked up to Mirajane.

"Have you seen Y/N today? All of us were supposed to meet up for a job and yet she's the only one missing," I was somewhat hoping Mira had at least seen her. She shook her head with a sad smile.

"Haven't seen her today, I hardly even got to see her yesterday. Maybe she's on holiday?" Her words were gentle and meant well but I couldn't help but hurt.

"Why would she leave without telling us?"

"Maybe it was a family emergency," Mira was multitasking, trying to give some hope yet also trying to be real. I slightly winced, remembering what happened with Y/N's family and sighed.

"They're too distant to contact her. Thank you for helping, Mira," I spoke in an almost sad tone and left. Lucy had asked if there was any sign of her. I shook my head in defeat, walking over to the table we all normally sit at together.

"Should we just go on the job without her?" Natsu asks, sliding onto the bench across the table.

"What if she really was on holiday and she came back to us gone? Wouldn't that be a little damaging?" Lucy quietly countered Natsu. He shook his head and let out a puff of air. During their debate, I've been able to catch Juvia staring at us. Or is it just me she's staring at?

"Y/N's doing that to us right now. She just left without a word to us. Wouldn't be different if we did it to her." I noticed a small carving in the wood. It wad hard to make out, but it almost looked like Y/N's hand writing. My eyes widened.

"What if she didn't leave without a word?" I saw Lucy's eyes lighten up as Erza's widened slightly. I squinted, trying to make out the words written into the wood. "'North, fairies?' What's that have to do with anything?"