chapter 5: noticed?

Marinette opened her eyes with a yawn. Last night had been a close call! When chat noir had had her pinned up against the chimney last night, she had almost fallen for his charm. But not this time kitty! She thought determinedly, though still shaking from the memory. Shaking her head to clear it, marinette called her kwami quietly . "Tikki? Tikki, wake up." Tikki was a dark red creature with black spotted head, antenna and three feather like tails. Her dark round eyes were blue, and she smiled as she flew up to her master. "Good Morning Marinette!" she greeted. Marinette smiled warmly. "Good Morning Tikki!" Tikki flew into marinette's closet, bringing out her favorite outfit. A white shirt decorated with pink , brown leafed flowers. Over it, a grayish brown jacket and she wore pink pants, rolled up on the ends. A rosey cream purse was slung over her shoulder, decorated with dark swirls. Tikki squeaked and hid in her master's bag, leaving Marinette to do her hair. Marinette gathered her blue hair into buns. She never wore it down unless she was asleep. She didn't really know why, but she thought she looked strange with it long and wavy. Shrugging, marinette walked downstairs to the kitchen. Her cheeks grew pink at the thought of going to school and her bluebell eyes sparkled with excitement. Excitement carried her out the door of the famous bakery she and her parents owned. Marinette beamed. Today I get to see Adrien! She giggled. Running across the busy street to school. Marinette rushed up the cream, tan steps. Not looking where she was going, Marinette lost her footing, tripping and sending her flying into someone else. She yelped, the person who caught her barely stopping her from hitting the ground. Marinette felt heat rise to her cheeks when she caught the gaze of her rescuer. "A-adrien?!" she spluttered. Adrien smiled. "H-hi marinette." he scratched the back of his neck in an adorable way. "H-hi A-A-Adrien! I uh, s-sorry for falling for you!" she stammered, jumbled words barely making sense. "Eek!" she realized her mistake and Adrien blushed. "I-I m-mean sorry for falling on you hehehe." she finished, overcome with embarrassment. Adrien smiled, green eyes gentle. "No problem Mari." he reassured her, grasping her hand to pull her to her feet. Marinette gasped as Adrien kissed the back of it. "No problem at all." releasing her hand, Adrien winked, walking away with a single wave. "See yuh in class mari." Marinette's bluebell eyes were wide and bulging in utter shock. "Y-yah s-see ya-later in class." she sighed, grinning stupidly, starstruck. Her face was on fire, blushing shades of pink and red. "Adrien kissed my hand! He gave me a nickname! OMgosh!" she giggled. Alya walked up to her, having heard and seen the whole thing. She nodded in approval. "Well Marinette, looks like Adrien is finely noticing you eh?" she smiled slyly. Marinette's bluebell eyes widened. "N-n-noticing m-me?" she stammered, hardly believing what had happened.

Alya laughed. "Look at you! Your mind can barely process it! Come on girl, let's get you to class." she practically carried the faint bluenette all the way to class and sat her down. Marinette was grinning ridiculously wide, giggling. Marinette sighed, head on her hands. "Adrien..." she murmured, dazed.