T.O.E part 2: The Guardian Angel

A/N:

Remember that the first part is true to life except for the confession in the rain. The next 3 parts are just made from my dirty little mind. J).

Votes and comments are much appreciated by moi. Constructive criticisms will do also so that everyone will benefit. Hit Fan if you enjoy my stories.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

The heavy rain continues to pour down as he goes home. He looks at the sad scenery from his point and heaves a sigh. The view of him and Jean kept on playing on his mind. He just mustered the words, “Jean, I’m sorry.” To be exact, he was rushed by the time and his thoughts. It was sudden that his best friend expressed her feelings to him. For him, it isn’t the right time for such things and it was raining. He wants to go home also but then he wants to tell her the truth; the truth that will break his promise to her. Yes, he likes her but the only exception is the promise. He is a man of his words. Before he agrees to a deal or promise, he will check first if he can go with it. If he can, he will agree and never back out. But he never thought that there will be a day that he might break his own words.

When he reached his desired location, he went down from the vehicle and continued his journey to home through walking. The rain died down. He looks up in the sky and sees the dark sky caused by the rain.

“The sky sympathized her.” He thought. Minutes passed, he reached his home.

“Ma, I’m home.” He said as he removes his shoes. While putting his shoes away, someone bumped him.

“Excuse me.” A familiar voice to him said.

“Marjorie?” he glared at his sister. “Can you say excuse first before bumping me?”

Instead of answering her brother, she ignored him.

“Just let her.” He mom came to him and he gave his mother a kiss on her cheek. “Maybe she isn’t in good mood.”

“As always,” he muttered. “I’ll change my clothes first.” Then he went upstairs.

“Be quick.” He heard his mom shouted. “Help me prepare dinner.”

These are the usual routines of Darren. Going to school, doing chores and studying are always on his list of work. He isn’t the type of person who makes the schedule. Darren is more of a happy-go-lucky guy but serious in terms of his studies.

He puts his bag on top of his bed and starts to get his clothes. After changing, he went down to help his mother.

“Another day,” he muttered. Right after eating, he decided to stay in his room so he can study his subjects. In the class, Darren is considered as the “most intelligent.” Not only their class, but also the professors and the other sections noticed. Because of that, he is in the center of attention and it puts a lot of pressure to him. Maintaining a high grade isn’t as easy as it looks though others think of it as a piece of cake for an intelligent person like him.

He starts to read the book and tries to memorize his notes yet nothing enters his mind. It was like he is staring on a page for a while. Darren is an intelligent person, yes, but he also has his weakness. Whenever he has a problem, he is so distracted by it that sometimes reading his notes is like seeing words that never mattered to him. This time, Darren thought only of Jean and her confession. Up until now, he is experiencing shock and he is so confused to what he should do. If being the best friend is the right thing? Or risking their friendship just because of a rushed decision? For him, choosing the second option is wrong and being the best friend is the right thing. He is a rational person. He may go wrong but it can only happen once. As these thoughts plagued his mind, he messed his hair and plopped his head on top of the book. For minutes, he closed his eyes and tried to remove every worries and disturbing thoughts in his head. Then, when he is finished, he returned his serious look and continued to study.