Story 1: Wishing You Happiness

• Dedicated to Clarence Sombilla

A/N:

I dedicate this story to my snickers, Clarence. She’s the one who gave me enough inspiration in finishing this first story though I am so bitter at the moment I wrote this. I already have this story in my mind 4 years ago yet I don’t have sufficient idea to finish it. Luckily, I was able to revive the idea and it turned out this way. Hahaha. Gusto ko magtagalog pero hindi ko ginagawa. Hahaha. Anyways, here’s the first story titled Wishing You Happiness.

Votes and comments are much appreciated by moi. Constructive criticisms will do also so that everyone will benefit. Hit Fan if you enjoy my stories.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Forewords:

Have you ever felt something more than friends for your best friend? They say that you are lucky if you fall for your best friend but for me, it’s another story.

Story:

What is happiness? For me, my family is my happiness. My friends are my happiness. Being with them makes me smile especially when I’m with my best friend. But what if when I’m with my best friend, I feel more than simple happiness? Do you get my point? If you get it, then good! But if you don’t, ok I’ll explain it clearly. I’m in love with my best friend. I know that it is very stupid of me to feel something for him that is beyond friendship. And worse, I’m wishing our relationship to be more than best friends. Another case is he fell in love with our classmate who is very feminine, kind, beautiful: the usual characteristics of an ideal girl for a guy, compared to me that is not-so-beautiful, boyish, childish, etc. What should I do? What my happiness wants is a complicated relationship. But I know it isn’t a good idea at all. What should I do?

At exactly 6:35 am, I woke up from my messy bed with a tired feeling. Not only because of being busy with projects but I cried throughout the night. Today is February 14, Valentine’s Day. I should be happy right? But how can I even smile if the one that I wish to be together is with another girl? Not me, but our classmate Janine. Well, you see, Janine is a very kind, understanding, modest, beautiful and you know what’s next. While I’m just the best friend of his whom he can’t love or like since we have the same ideals about friendship. We believe that best friends shouldn’t fall for each other because it will be a complicated one. I sighed as I thought of today’s event. I stood up from my bed and fixed it. Then I started the morning rituals like taking a shower, putting up my clothes and fixing my things. I went down the stairs and sat on the chair to eat my breakfast.

“Chocolate pancakes,” I muttered.

“I know you’ll love it.” I don’t know how my mother heard me. I really love chocolate pancakes for breakfast but how can I even enjoy this if I feel bad? Instead of sulking, I ate up my 3-layered pancake while writing down some notes.

“What’s that for?” My mother came out from the kitchen with a plate of bacon and eggs on her right hand. She sits down beside me and I tried to hide the paper from her.

“Let me guess,” she smiled at me and started to rub her chin. “Is it for Theo?”

“Mom?!”  My eyes went wide. I held my writing materials tightly. I glared at my mom and I still decided to still write down.

“Eat first before thinking about that.” She laughed afterwards. My mom knows every little detail about my life from my grades to crushes. The scary thing is that I don’t tell it to her much. I don’t know how or where she gets the information.