Story 2: The Last Sight

A/N:

I dedicate this to our student-teacher, Ms. Lady Monica Lyca Jumpay. She gave me this idea thogh she didn’t do anything that made me write her as one of the characters of my story. I just simply like her as our professor more than our real professor. Hahaha. I can’t simply dedicate this to her in wattpad since I’m shy… again… Hahaha…

I used the song “The One That Got Away” by Katy Perry as another inspiration in writing this story. That song is really special to me and maybe to others. You can play the song while reading this story. I hope you enjoy this short story titled The Last Sight.

Votes and comments are much appreciated by moi. Constructive criticisms will do also so that everyone will benefit. Hit Fan if you enjoy my stories.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Story:

The last thing I want to see is his sunshine smile yet fate took away my sight without seeing it for the last time. Today is our first anniversary. Supposed to be, I am happy in his arms yet I decided to leave him for his sake. My feet brought me to the stage where we first met. You could see in his eyes how he adored my voice as I sang “The one that got away.” That song has a strong feeling of longing and hope that someday, they will meet again and have another chance.

As I try to feel my steps going to the stage, I remember the exact feelings when I first stepped on this stage; excitement and nervousness. When I felt my feet on the center of the stage, I faced the other way and took a deep breath.

“Summer after high school when we first met,” I sang as I played the song inside my head. “We make out in your Mustang to Radiohead.” I can feel the lyrics now more than ever. This song is like handmade for us. Well, except for the making-out sessions.

I can still remember the day when we first met. May 6, 2008, summer, the day of my recital. I have to face this recital because I decided to join the singing workshop in school so I can improve my voice. I trained and trained until this day came. In every corner of the backstage, you can see different students practicing for their act. Some are vocalizing, fixing themselves or dancing. While I’m in the corner, praying that everything will be fine.

Minutes has passed, its showtime! Whenever there’s a person who finished his performance, my butterflies in my stomach are getting worse. I’m the third to the last to perform the song “The one that got away.” I always have a problem with the song because I don’t have the right feelings, just like what my mentor said.

“In singing,” my mentor said. “Not only is the voice important, your heart also, the feelings. It is like reciting a poem; you should have the right emotions.”

And so, I tried to find the right emotions. I tried to find my inspiration yet in the end, I failed. I just wish that I can sing with, maybe, little feelings.

After the fourth to the last performer, I went to the stage. One… Two… Three… I counted my steps until I reached the center stage. I looked at the audience and didn’t feel so nervous at all. The spotlight hits my eyes as I hold the microphone. The song started to play and I sang the right lyrics.

After I hit the last note, I bowed to the audience and they clapped.

“I guess it’s a success.” I whispered to myself. I looked around the audience and then, this person caught my attention. He is sitting on his chair, clapping. I bowed once again for him and smiled.

Right after the recitation, Claire, my classmate, approached me with a guy holding a bouquet of flowers.

“Hey Lyca!” she gave me a kiss on my cheek “Nice performance.”