T.O.E part 1: Broken Pinky Promise

A/N:

So here’s the first part of The Only Exception. I hope you like it. :)

Votes and comments are much appreciated by moi. Constructive criticisms will do also so that everyone will benefit. Hit Fan if you enjoy my stories.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

“Promise me that we’ll never fall for each other.”

“Of course.”

“Pinky swear?”

“Pinky swear.”

And that’s the time we made our promise. I thought I can keep my promise but I guess, promises are meant to be broken especially pinky swears.

My feet wants me to bring me somewhere away from them especially from him. Echoes on my mind keep on bothering me.

“Darren confessed that he likes Dianne.” “Dianne and I had a 2-days relationship.” Those were the words that never stopped from repeating.

Why do I have to fall for my best friend? Why do I feel so jealous when he said that he and Dianne had a relationship? I thought I’m just confused between being his best friend and more than that. Now, I can confirm. I love my best friend, Darren.

For the past few weeks, everything turned out well except for my friendship with Darren, my best friend. And so I tried to talk to him and it went well. After a few discussions, I suddenly teased him to Dianne. I thought I will be able to catch the real feelings of Darren to Dianne since it’s too obvious that he does like her. In the end, I was the one who caught red-handed.

“Dianne and I had a 2-days relationship.” He said as he tries to stop from laughing or giggling. I even caught him blushing when he said those words. My reaction? Well, my jaw dropped and I asked the whole story of their short notice relationship. He said that they had a deal. If Darren gets an 8 or higher score in our major subject’s quiz, they’ll be together for 2 days but if he gets a score lower than 8, he’ll be kissing her. Of course, the only option that he’ll choose is the relationship deal since Darren wanted a high score.

Right after the talk, my mind floated away from my body. I can’t concentrate on our midterm and those words kept on repeating on my mind. Suddenly, I had some thoughts that made me confused for days.

“Why am I acting this way?” So what if they had a relationship? Unless… no, no!” I argued to myself. For days, I always have a debate inside my head. Is this a normal reaction or something that I’m afraid to happen?

So I asked a few, well I mean, a lot of my friends for advice. Some of them said that it is a normal reaction since he is my best friend and I just knew the deal after everyone knew yet there are some said that there might be another reason.

“Can I ask you seriously Jean?” Athena asked me when Dianne and Eya are pushing me to talk to Darren since we had another fight.

I nodded and tried to guess what she is having on her mind. There’s a small part of me that tells, she will ask me the question that I’m most afraid to answer.

“For you, who is Darren?” She finally said it. That time, my mind tells me that “He is my best friend.” But my heart is like telling another story yet I’m confused what it is.

“He is my best friend, of course.” I chuckled out of nervousness.

“Is it really the case or you’re just afraid?” Then she tells me the story of her and Nina: how their friendship started until the got together. There were a lot of points that I can agree from her story.