Chapter Two

"Why?" asked Sweet Pea.

"Don't ask me, I don't know" said Jughead.

Jughead and Sweet Pea looked over at me, as if I would have any more answers than they did.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked.

"Well I mean, you were the last one to see her. Did anything happen?" asked Jughead.

Oh shit. Was it in the locker room just about 5 minutes ago? If it was anything that happened in the span of 5 minutes with her, it was probably me catching her checking me out.

"Uh I'm gonna go get some water I'll be right back guys" I said.

"Okay" said Sweet Pea with a slight shrug.

I went out into the hallway where Jughead claimed that she ran off to, and I walked down and she was sitting on one side of the wall, all the way at the end.

My boots made quite a bit of noise while I was walking towards her, and she looked up.

There were somewhat dried tears under her eyes, and her hair was let down. Her red lip stick was a bit faded, and her face was very pale.

"Hey. Are you okay?" I asked sitting next to her, but slightly keeping my distance.

Her eyes shifted away from me, and I was going to tap her shoulder so she'd look back, but when I did, she whimpered and tried to move away. Even though she was sitting in the corner.

I got up and offered a hand to get her off the floor at least but she ignored me.

"I'm fine" she said in a quivering voice.

"Well that's surely a lie. How about I take you to the nurse or I'll tell the coach you're ready to make the announcements" I said.

"Please. You don't know anything about me. And besides...never mind. I don't want to be anywhere near you now. So just...go away" she said.

"Fine then" I said.

I went back into the gym through the back so that I wouldn't have to walk in front of everyone else.

"Well that was a long drink of water" said Fangs.

"Shut up" I said.

"So how is she?" asked Jughead.

"Who?" I asked.

"Toni I know for a fact you didn't get water. And you know who. Cheryl" he said.

"Yeah she does not look okay but she doesn't want to be within 60 meters away from me" I said.

"Why not?" asked Fangs.

"Well back in the locker room, I was changing and she was putting on her shoes and kinda didn't have a shirt on and I saw her checking me out and I think that's why she left and...you know" I said.

"Geez way to go on a rant" said Fangs.

"Maybe it was something else. She was probably just remembering your face from the drag race" said Sweet Pea.

"Uh I doubt it was just that" I said.

No one said anything but I could tell they were waiting for an answer.

"There was also a serious lip bite" I said.

"Okay I did not need to know that" said Fangs.

"Well gym is almost over so I'm out" said Fangs.

"Let's go" I said.

Jug, Sweet Pea, Fangs, and I went to the locker rooms to grab our bags and just like the start of gym, no one was there. Except for Cheryl.