Takatsu: Creativity and Collaboration

I recently interviewed Takatsu, author of the first North American cell phone novel. His most recent work on Wattpad is called Espresso Love. 

We spoke about creativity, collaboration, digital media, Japanese culture, writing and making music. I hope you will enjoy the YouTube video of our chat which took place in Markham, Ontario, Canada. As well as talking about his art and the art of serial fiction, he discussed ways in which Japan's demanding education system sets students free creatively. I came away thinking there was a lot teachers in the west could learn from schools in Japan.. 

I hope you will enjoy the video and that you will feel inspired to contribute to this book. 

"I Wish My Teacher Knew" is a collection of first-person stories about adventures and misadventures in school. I am gradually blogging a non-fiction book on my own website about teaching creativity and respecting student diversity. This book on Wattpad is a place to gather first-person accounts to use as research for the book. My site is called Creative Teacher Librarian. You can look it up at  maajawentz.com if you are interested. ;-) and there is a link to it on my Wattpad profile.

The book project will be a whole lot better with the contribution of individuals who remember high school or grade school, and who have ideas for making things better. Please, message me a chapter I can dedicate to you and join in the conversation. This book can only be as good as its contributers. Even if you are primarily a reader.

Wattpad is a gathing place for people who love to read and think. I know you have fantastic ideas for making education better. Don't keep them to yourself! Go ahead and rant about what bugged you in high school or tell us about that one teacher who inspired you. Good teachers are always thinking about their practice and figuring out how to better reach students. Give them some advice.... :-)