Chapter 29

Cayden POV 'Throwback'

I felt the annoyance after Alexander had called me. He had screwed up, as usual, and called me to come and save the day. However, I had heard the panic and desperation in his voice so I knew I had to go.

Knocking on his apartment door I felt my nerves on edge, not needing his troubles today, but nonetheless, I waited until he opened the door.

Stepping through the door I was greeted by Alexanders' guilty face, and I wondered what he had done this time.

'It's been a while,' Alexander tried to break the tense air, but I wasn't having it. His hair tangled in a mess as I saw the small panic and desperation in his eyes.

'Cut the small talk. Why am I here Jacobs?' I demanded, wanting to get this over with.

'You're here because of her.' he gulped in response, his head pointing me to the living room.

The moment I turned my head, my eyes landed on a girl on his couch. She was dressed in what looked like one of Alexanders shirts, and I didn't see what the problem was. A beautiful girl, the most beautiful girl, was sitting in his shirt on his couch, why did he need me?

I felt a little jealousy rising in me as I took the woman in. Her body showed through the white shirt, her curves, and breasts teasing me with only the outlines. Her eyes a deep shade of blue, curiosity and a little fright filling them as she took me in. As I looked deeply into her eyes, I saw traces of my Lily, and I felt myself wanting to be close to her, to feel a connection to my love again which were many years lost. I looked at her mouth, held in a pout, looking soft and wanting. Her blond locks of hair were ruffled from sleep, and I wondered if he had had the luxury of being with her. I saw the faint bite mark at her neck, and I stopped there a second longer, taking in the possibilities of what could have happened here.

'She's human?' I asked, after my assessment of the beautiful woman.

Alexander responded to me by telling me about what had happened between the two, and what the human girl had endured, but my eyes never left her as I saw more and more in her that reminded me of my Lily. I could see her fidgeting around nervously in her seat from my intense stare, but I couldn't help myself.

'I asked you here so you could help me compel her because I can't do it, I'm not strong enough' Alexander asked of me, and I didn't understand how he couldn't be strong enough, with how old he was.

'Does she still have your blood?' I asked, but before he had the time to answer I took in a deep breath of air to find the answer myself. But the second her scent hit my nose all questions from my brain was replaced by longing and lust.

'It's you.' I declared.

I felt it in her blood, in my heart, as I looked at her. It wasn't possible but my love was back.

I saw her as if it was for the first time again. In my mind, I saw her arriving in our town, the new girl. Of course, every man wanted her, her beauty was unmatched, her kindness and wit unlike anyone else's.

I saw myself, stuck up on myself, trying to be someone else, trying to impress her by being rude, by being tough, but her seeing straight through me. I felt the way she had changed me, the way she had made me want to be a better man, and seeing this girl in front of me now, awoke that feeling in me again.

I wondered as I took her in if this could have been my second time. A second chance at happiness, to make it right.

It had to be her, there was no other explanation, she had to my Lily. She had to remember me, she would remember me, we were meant to be, that love doesn't die.