Chapter 23

I woke up by the voices speaking in the living-room. The sun was shining outside, but I had no idea what time it was, or how long I had slept for. But I felt well rested and stronger than ever, so I stood up from the bed, preparing myself to meet Alexander and Cayden.

I couldn't hear what they were talking about through the thick walls so I couldn't prepare myself for the mood in the room before I stepped in.

The moment they noticed me in the doorway, their conversation died. Both of the men stared at me, Cayden with adoration, and what looked like lust still, and Alexander with pain and betrayal. I could still feel myself being drawn to Cayden, our connection still there, and I tried to not let it show on my face.

Alexander looked much better today, he had taken a shower and changed his torn clothes and now he looked as if he was back to his old self again.

There was tension between the three of us, and from the look Alexander was giving me I figured that either Cayden told him about last night or he figured it out on his own. I could feel Cayden's lust even if he didn't show it very much, and I could feel Alexanders anger as he noticed the connection the two of us had created.

Pushing my own, and their, feelings away for a second, I tried to talk to them in a rational way.

'What will happen next? Do we have a plan or can I just go home now?' I addressed both of them, my eyes turning from one to the other.

They exchanged guilty gazes before they answered me, having some sort of quiet debate amongst themselves.

'Actually, Alexander and I discussed this while you were asleep, and we think that it will be safer if you stay here until Jonathan has been dealt with.' Cayden tried to rationalize in a formal tone, all of the passion and lust from yesterday gone from his voice.

'And when do you expect him to be dealt with?' I answered with sarcasm.

'Don't be mad Rosa, we only do this to keep you safe.' Alexander tried to convince me.

'It always seems like you try to 'keep me safe' but I can never be in on the discussion over how to keep me safe. It's time you let me decide over what happens in my life.' I demanded, my voice showing that this wasn't up for discussion.

'Then what do you suggest?' Cayden surprised me by responding.

'I suggest that the three of us stick together, that I'm not just locked up in one of your apartments again, but that I help you 'deal' with Jonathan, he is not only your enemy anymore. I can help you, it is me he is after anyway, why not use that?'

'But that's too dangerous, Rosa, I can't see you get hurt again,' Alexander pleaded, even though I could see a little anger in his eyes from my betrayal.

'Well, that's not up to you, this is my decision and you better honor it.' I said with finality.

It took me some more convincing, but soon enough they agreed to let me be in on the action, instead of locking me up, which had been their plan.

The rest of the afternoon was spent planning what we would do to get rid of Jonathan and his crew. It was spent in tension, as there was still a lot of unresolved things between us all, but we tried to put all that drama behind us for now, and plan for the immediate threat.

During the day little choices became harder for me. Things as choosing who to sit next to at the dining table, not wanting to choose a side in case it would mean something. Or like deciding who's idea was the best, not wanting to seem as if my choice was based on something else.

My feelings for the two men were very different, and it was hard to make out what was real and not. Alexander felt constant, he felt safe, and I knew his feelings for me seemed genuine. But Cayden made me feel alive and safe at the same time. But he thought I was someone I wasn't, and I didn't know if his feelings for me was for this other person or if it was for me.