The yelling caught Hoseok's attention and he looked back, yelling at Yoongi to let Namjoon help him. The car hit another bump and jerked Hoseok forward, making his forehead collided with the steering wheel.

Yoongi pushed Namjoon away and tried crawling to the front but Jiyong pushed him back, trying to get Namjoon to help pull the unconscious manager away from the steering wheel while Jiyong tried taking his place. A bullet shot through the back window and hit the dashboard. V cursed and Jin's head swung back to view him shaking his gun, the trigger stuck on not budging. He hit the gun again and it shot, breaking the back window completely. Hoseok was now laying next to Yoongi as he tried waking him, checking for a pulse.

Everything went placid for Jin and he actualized something in the midst of the frustration and chaos in the truck. There was no way all of them were going to survive this. A total of three people were injured in the car. Jiyong, Hoseok, and Yoongi. Namjoon and V were their best bet at any protection while Jin was busy calming the younger down. Soon, V would be the one to get hurt while shooting. Then Namjoon would.

Who would protect Jungkook? Jin could, but Jungkook would sacrifice himself rather than see Jin even close to danger.

He needed to make sure Jungkook had someone close to him to protect them if the car stopped. If they were forced out of the car and pushed to the ground. If they were faced with death again.

He smiled sadly and patted Jungkook's back. "Kookie, let go for a moment, okay?"

Jungkook pulled away, the presence of tears still in his eyes but not coming down. He sat back on the floor as Jin crawled up on the seat, pulling V back in the car. V hissed as his head hit the ceiling, rubbing it and glaring at Jin. "What the fuck-" Jin took the gun from his hand and nodded to Jungkook.

"Go comfort him. I can do this."

"What if you get hurt?"

"Why does everyone think I'll get hurt?" Jin exclaimed, shoving him. "Go distract him.." V nodded and crawled to the floor, cupping both of Jungkook's cheeks.

"Awe, bun, don't cry," V cooed, rubbing his cheeks with his thumbs. "We'll be okay. We'll survive this so don't worry, okay? Lighten up a little."

"V..." Jungkook whispered, placing his hands on V's hands. V looked up to see Jin out of the window shooting, to see mint hair blowing in the other window, to hear Namjoon curse about the van speeding up to be right next to them. Jungkook's eyes shifted to look at where Jin and Namjoon were yelling in pain but V stopped him.

He cupped Jungkook's cheeks and pressed their lips together. V's hands gripped Jungkook's face, holding it tight as Jungkook deepened the kiss by tilting his head to the side.

At the moment there was no shooting, no yelling or cursing or broken truck. There was just V and his soft lips. Lips that could calm anyone down. There was his scent, the smell that anyone would die to wake up to. There was his touch, so gentle it could hold the most fragile piece of artwork without causing it any harm.

Jungkook felt V smile against his lips and his heart jumped. One of V's hands slipped to the small of Jungkook's back and the other went to the back of his head, fingers entwining into his hair. Jungkook slowly pulled away but V pushed closer, capturing his lips in another sweetened kiss even though Jungkook tried pulling away as the shouts got louder. But V's kissing him. Once. Twice. Three times and Jungkook realized he'll never be able to have enough of V.

He realized that once V kissed his mouth so feverishly, everything went oddly quiet, like the silence between the ticking of a clock.

So then Jungkook forgot about the shooting. About the guns and split personalities, about their near-death experiences and it was like this kiss took him to a different world. They kissed like their friends weren't with them in a truck about to spiral out of control. V's kiss stole Jungkook's breath just to give it right back as it showed him that every kiss leading up to this one had been practice. Practice for something so incredibly magical; magical from a fairytale.