Chapter 14

1 year later

Beep....beep....beep

Bruce looked at the hospital bed seeing Kaneki with wounds his head wrapped in gauze.

Flashback

Batman was running on roof tops jumping looking for Kaneki. Robin and Superboy weren't far behind the dark knight. Bruce saw something he feared arima and Kaneki were at a stand off. "We need to help him." Kaneki ran at the investigator activating his kagune jumping in the air.

End of flashback

Superman walked towards his friend "On this day Clark arima brutal stabbed and cut of Kaneki's arm and legs putting him in a coma. If I was fast enough he wouldn't be in this state." Superman looked at Bruce thinking of something to say he could tell his friend was still bothered by the incident.

Mount justice

Robin looked at the files from when kaneki went under cover in lex Corp. Megan walked in to see her leader looking at the files "I hope he wakes up soon.. not the same without him before you say anything I know he's in a coma. Me and my uncle tried everything to bring him back but nothing."

Boy wonder places the file down to look at the Martian "I know but Kaneki was on to something he must have found out where lex is he's been off the grid for so long a full year. Don't understand why he's making armor out of kagune and weapons. That fucking arima." Robin punched the window next to him only to leave a crack and his hand bleeding.

"We almost saved him but it was to late then a light appeared making arima vanished into thin air. We could have put him in Arkham asylum but he vanished no trace Batman threw a tracker before the light engulfed us. Didn't appear anywhere Megan he could have been teleported back to Kaneki dimension..."

KF was eating cereal till he turned around to see the coffee maker Kaneki always used. Superboy walked into the kitchen to sitting down next to him. "I'm sure he's fine right he's gonna wake up." The speedster looked at the alien teen which only made him uncomfortable "look man if you and Robin are blaming yourselves it's not yalls fault. We need to accept that he's down been a year man his ghoul abilities are taking time. He's slowly healing we don't know what that guy had to damage him that bad."

Superboy gets up leaving the kitchen walking in the hallway passing Kaneki's room entering it seeing everything in place and on the table his mask. He entered the room sitting down picking up the mask sighing "better wake up soon jack ass I have a feeling something bad gonna happen since it's been a year that your gone."