~ Introduction ~

Redone April 8, 2021

    Hello and welcome to my model horse collection tour book! As of redoing this intro I am a 19 year old female collector from the Pacific Northwest, who's also been lucky enoughto own 3 real horses, and I've been in the hobby for going on 8 years. I was first introduced to Breyer's when my uncle gave me $25 for my eleventh or twelfth birthday, I bought the dapple grey pinto Morgan with black pinto scratching foal Stablemates set and the four piece Saddle Club Stablemates set.

   Since then I started out slow until I started finding a small handful of stores in my area that had them and I'd scrap up change and holiday money to buy more Stablemates. As I got a little bit older and joined Facebook, I found plenty of model horse related groups and finally the Breyer website. I started watching YouTube videos of unboxing and collection tours until I finally decided I wanted to become a serious collector as well, 2/3 years after buying my first ones.

   I have since made many goals for my collecting and what I wanted my shelves to look like. Some completed, some close, and some scrapped for whatever reason. My herd of horses have grown and shrunk tremendously over the years, the most I counted that I had at a time was around 265 all together. I tend to sell, trade, and buy a lot so the number fluctuates frequently.

   I don't have a "exciting" purpose to collect other then it makes me happy and it's something I'm proud to look at. My favorite scale to collect, as you'll find out, are Stablemates with some Traditional scaled models thrown in the mix too. I've leaned towards collecting more special run type models recently rather then focusing on all the regular runs available, in hopes to help obtain some grails. Also I love collecting unique colors and coat patterns, the more unique the design the more likely it is I feel like I "need" it, though I'm not into decorator models unfortunately.

   I make several different kinds of updates, some more exciting then others, so if you only like specific kinds of updates here's a symbol code to help navigate through the madness and hopefully it helps. Some updates will have two symbols, meaning it has both categories in one.

☆ Breyerfest additions
♧ Breyerfest info
◇ Club additions
♤ Club info
♡ Firsts to the collection
□  Miscellaneous additions《 Miscellaneous info
○ Other

    One last thing before diving into the long and ever growing rabbit hole, here are a list of my model horse/real horse favorites - please feel free to comment your answers too!

Favorite breed: Mustang, so many body types and color/pattern combinations

Favorite color: Dunalino 🤤

Favorite pattern: Paintaloosa

Face marking: Badger face

Leg marking: Large socks with ermine spots

Favorite Breyer Traditional mold: Tie between Dundee, Bristol - lose mane version, and Geronimo

Favorite Breyer Stablemates mold: Most all modern ones

Favorite Peter Stone mold: Tie between Ideal Stock Horse (ISH), Palouse, and Foundation Quarter Horse (FQH)

Favorite Peter Stone Chips mold: Cutting Stock horse

Holy grails: Rainier, Duwamish, and Dundee