Meme #47.

It's simply...

   The power of Ed.

   When ÷ was first released, ten of the Billboard's top twelve songs were all Ed Sheeran songs from the new album.

   On Spotify, the first twenty songs were FILLED with Ed's ÷ songs, only a few artists scattered between in the late teens.

   Castle on the Hill and Shape of You broke the Spotify streaming record for most streams in 24 hours with over thirteen million streams in 24 hours.

   Shape of You broke another Spotify streaming record: Most streamed song of all time with more than two BILLION streams.

   And yet another: Ed Sheeran was the most streamed artist of 2017, and he is still the second most streamed artist on Spotify ever, falling only second to Drake.

   Shape of You is the second most viewed song of all time on YouTube with four billion views, falling second to Despacito. Thinking Out Loud is the twelfth most viewed song on YouTube with nearly three billion. Perfect is the 36th with nearly two billion views.

   In 2017, ÷ had 68,695,172 streams in just one day, shattering yet another record.

   Do I need to continue? I might need to publish another book just on this topic. Ed has shattered countless records, these being only few, more being most album streams in the first week worldwide and in the U.K., most streamed track of all time (Shape of You), etc..

Don't tell me he isn't talented. Don't tell me doesn't deserve this. Don't tell me he's overrated. Don't tell me he's selfish. He dropped out of school and left home when he was a teenager to pursue music - He slept on the streets for years to be where he is now. And more than that, he shrugged it all off. He never once used his past to push himself up - He doesn't even consider himself as have ever being homeless.

Well, guess what, Ed? You fucking were. And I love you for it.

All of his songs, every single one, he's written. He's written them from something personal and real. Remember that next time you hear his lyrics.

Not only that, he's written hits for numerous other artists. Justin Bieber's Love Yourself and Cold Water. Anne-Marie's 2002. Liam Payne's Strip That Down. Bryan's Adam's Shine A Light. Westlife's A Better Man. Rita Ora's Your Song. One Direction's Little Things, Moments, and 18. The Weeknd's Dark Times. Taylor Swift's Everything Has Changed. Tori Kelly's I Was Made For Loving You. Hoodie Allen's All About It. Should I continue?

I'm trying not to start freaking out - Because right now I'm kind of shaking and I can't see through the tears. He's all that matters. He's all that fucking matters. Don't take that away from me.

I'm going to stop writing now, because otherwise I'll be rambling and nobody wants to hear that. But my thoughts are a storm. The words you never say are the ones you scream the loudest.

Let's continue with the memes. After all, that's why you're here, right?