𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎

Taehyung sat there on one of the small benches that were scattered around the gravestones

Taehyung sat there on one of the small benches that were scattered around the gravestones. No one was in sight, making Taehyung feel a tad more calm despite his raging palpitations that were thundering in his chest.

The cassette lay beside him on the wooden seat, practically taunting him to listen. 'But what if it's really bad?' He wonders, finding the whole ordeal rather personal and something he shouldn't go through with.

'This is wrong, I should go.' He tells himself, beginning to get up but something in him causes the boy to come to a halt in his actions. He sits back down. Slowly, he leans over and places his earphones in before pressing play.

"You know..." Jungkook's voice trails off, hints of sadness interlaced through his tone. Taehyung listens closely while hearing faint sounds of sniffling and slightly heavy breathing.

"Death can be a scary thing..."

Jungkook's POV

It was in the middle of class when a student enters with a slip. The teacher reads it before dismissing me, much to my confusion. I exchange unsure glances with Hoseok, not entirely sure what's going on.

Making my way towards the office, I take heavy footsteps, letting my feet thump loudly against the flooring. Each step caused my heart to aggressively throb. I wasn't sure what to expect, nor did I even have the slightest clue what it might be.

I felt like something was wrong...very, very wrong.

The minute I reach the office, I knew I should prepare myself for the worse.

Inside, the woman behind the desk asks me to take a seat and wait to be called in by my principal. I was agitated, afraid, worried, scared about what is to come.

Eventually, my principal steps out of his office and beckons me to come over. I shakily get my feet, fear knotting in my stomach as my principal allows me into his office. It's only then do I see my mom sitting on one of the chairs in front of the desk with a hanky clutch in her hand and streaming tears rolling down her cheeks.

"I'll give you a moment." My principal, Mr Kim announces, closing over the door to give us some privacy.

Immediately, I walk to my mother's side. "Mom? Mom what's wrong?" I ask, bending over slightly to get a better look at her face. I remove a strand of her ink black hair that was similar to my own, watching how another teardrop falls from her pretty dark beige orbs.

"H-he's g-g-gone!" She bubblers, her breathing rugged and horsed.

All of a sudden, my blood runs cold. I couldn't move, couldn't speak. I was at a complete loss in both words and emotion.