𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎

Late into the night was when Taehyung finally decides to look at the next page of Jungkook's diary

Late into the night was when Taehyung finally decides to look at the next page of Jungkook's diary. He made sure to keep everything on the down low, hoping to not awake his mother or brother.

Clicking on his single desk light, he makes himself comfortable as the page turns.

October 2nd 2015

It's been around a week since I joined the music club...

Jungkook's POV

"So hows it going with Yoongi?" Hoseok pesters, shoving into my shoulder lightly which results in a small chuckle to slip free from my lips. "Nothing special but at least he acknowledges me now." I excitedly admit as our feet patter against the leaf covered pavement.

Autumn was approaching, flooding us with that chilling wind that would make anyone shiver. We were on our way to my house to play some video games and snack out since it was a Friday.

"You know I heard a rumour somewhere..." Hoseok suddenly trails off, his gaze fixated on his burgundy trainers. I raise a brow, "oh?" I question, hoping he might continue what he was saying. His face scrunches up in a mixture of hesitation and slight fear. "Now remember it's just a rumour..." he attempts to defend his unknown canard.

"Hoseok, spit it out." I find myself growing impatient, stopping in my steps to stare at the older with uneasiness. I watch how his lower lip slips into his mouth as he chews on it before slowly releasing it again. "So apparently Yoongi does drugs." He mumbles, taking me by surprise. I didn't think Yoongi would be the type to get as high as a kite. I never seen him doing any of the sorts nor have I ever seen him hang around the drugged up kids at school.

"It's probably just a rumour." Hoseok immediately laughs it off, trying to move the situation to the back of my head. I laugh along with him yet I don't comment on it. Instead, I keep it to myself, thinking it over and over again.

My brick home comes into view. The cute yellow fence was the first thing to always catch my eye. I remembered how I begged my parents when I was younger to paint it a ridiculous colour to give life to my home more. It always looked so boring; especially the beige wooden fence. So with help from Jin and my dad, we painted it the craziest colour I could think of. Yet, it held meaning to me. Yellow was always seen as a happy, joyful colour, something I always want to have in my life.

I unlock the gate, pushing it forward and letting Hoseok pass by first. We walk up the small pathway, making it towards the door before I slowly open it.

Usually, warmth engulfs me whenever I enter the loving home but today was different. It was like that day I caught my parents arguing for the first time. It was cold, dark, fearful. The roaring yells yet again echo throughout the house, causing my lips to cave. I was embarrassed, especially by the fact that Hoseok was here too. I could obviously tell that he could hear my parents, surprised by the sudden shock of it.

I could cry right in that moment, hating the fact that my parents have been caught by someone else. Specifically, it being my best friend. But Hoseok seemed to understand my uncomfortableness. "We should probably go upstairs." He suggests, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the stairs. He keeps ahold of my hand till we're in the safety of my bedroom.

I actually feel glad to have someone like Hoseok here right now. My chocolate orbs soon begin to mist over with a warm blur that caused everything around me to look like a funhouse mirror. Hoseok cuddles into me, mumbling into my hair that it was okay to let go.

And that's exactly what I did. I let it all out, tears flooding my cheeks as I sob weakly into his shoulder. He pets the back of my head while quietly shushing me to keep me from exploding and becoming a hyperventilating mess. He comforts me till there are no more tears and it's only then that he finally decides to speak. "Has this been going on often?" I sniffle, wiping away the wetness from my itchy face while mumbling, "no. It only started about a week ago." The room falls silent for a few seconds, the still ongoing commotion downstairs could be heard faintly which was only upsetting me more.

The red haired male steps in with the raise of his hand, holding a shiny object in it. "Shall we play some video games?" He asks, obviously trying to take my mind off of it. I weakly smile at him, nodding my head in agreement while taking the controller from him.

We end up playing video games, way into the night before Hoseok has to go home. My parents, at first didn't know that I was home until later on when they also realised that Hoseok was with me. They kept their lips sealed shut, unsure whether to bring up the situation or not though they knew that I know of their argument.

The table was eerily silent, no one attempts to utter a single word. What could we possibly say? I kept my gaze solely fixed on my dinner, not daring to look up. I could feel my parents suffocating eyes on me, watching me like a hawk. I didn't dare spare them a glance, hoping they might pretend like it never happened just like I was currently doing.

"Jungkook..." my mom trails off, instantly causing me to slap down my fork and knife before I scratch my chair against the floorboards and get up from my seat. "Please excuse me." I mutter, walking out before running swiftly up the stairs. I wasn't prepared just yet to listen, I didn't want to hear the string of false information as to why they were arguing. 'It's not like they would actually tell me why anyway.' The sanctuary of my bedroom keeps me from finding out the truth.

Taehyung rubs at his tired eyes, finding the whole chapter rather intimidating to him. It was like he was reliving his own situation, hiding out in his room to avoid the chaotic commotion of his family.

The mousy brunette debated over whether he should read on as his orbs flicker in the direction of his clock sat prompted on his nightstand.

03:45am

'Maybe one more chapter wouldn't hurt.' He was intrigued, dying to know what happened to this boy like it was some fictional story book. Ones that he used to often read with his father whenever Taehyung couldn't sleep at night as a child.

Taehyung skims to the next page, noticing a small note on the side to listen to the second tape. He hurried to grab the cassette player from the box, awkwardly trying to find and shove the next tape into the small device. His headphones were once again on to drown out the noise so that his family wouldn't hear the next part of the young boy's sob story.

"Hello again." Taehyung's heart skips a beat when he hears the tranquillising voice calmly speak once more. "You know families are a complicated thing..." Jungkook trails off with an ever so slight off chuckle to his tone.

It was neither funny nor humorist.

It was cold, bitter like ice.

"Family is a place we call home, a place we can return to no matter what and feel safe, right?" He pauses, almost like he's allowing Taehyung to reply back. Like he can actually hear him.

But that sad truth is that he can't.

There is no instant connection between him. They both don't even know each other but slowly, it's beginning to feel like Taehyung was really starting to see things through Jungkook's eyes. Feel the way he feels, experience things the ravenette boy has experienced through emotions.

"The funny thing about life is that it doesn't always go the way you want it to. Sometimes things break and you can never fix nor replace it..."