"Where's mama?" I questioned next.

"She left early in the morning."

I wanted to groan at that. I had actually thought this through. I could convince her to go with me on my first official visit to an orphanage. But mama knew my lack of confidence, and maybe she had left so I wouldn't force her to come with me.

"Okay."

I leaned against the sofa, unmuting as I saw the official government animation being run on the Pakistan television network.

And then, he was there.

In a white shalwar kameez and a black waist coat, his hair styled back and his face covered with the right amount of beard, Zaydaan looked every bit of an authoritative leader that he was.

He started to speak and for some reason, I felt my heart beat fast.

"Assalam alaikum. First of all, I want to thank all my workers who started with me in this movement, all the people who have supported me, who have fought by my side, who have supported the party with all that they had."

"A week ago, I took oath as the Prime Minister. I know you all wondered why I hadn't addressed the nation yet, it is because I wanted to give my people a good news first."

"I'll tell that to you all in a while, but first I want to talk to my nation about the challenges that we are facing as a country today."

I was still listening to him speak but got distracted as Ahad arrived in the hall, a bag in his hand and a frown on his face.

He had been working pretty hard lately. I didn't expect him to even be home.

"You're home?" I enquired, almost happy that there was atleast someone familiar here right now.

"I am actually just about to leave, what's up with you though? Looking good." He said in a rush.

I cracked a smile.

"Oh, nothing. Just tea and TV."

"You do realise that you have to go to mama's orphanage, today?"

Did he not realise that I was dressed for it?

"Yes. That's why I'm dressed, right? I also know that they made me an Instagram account without my permission."

I told him.

Yes, they had done that. Taking inspiration from Queen Rania, first lady of Jordan, Raima had talked to the advisory Council and made me a social media account on twitter and Instagram.

It is a good image builder. She had assured me.

"Did they? I'm gonna follow you." He took out his phone, eyes tired but playful as he looked at me.

"First lady, Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Striving for a better country, with love and peace. Humanity comes first."

He laughed and even I laughed along, Ahad had this contagious laughter that could make anyone's day.

"That's the fakest bio I have ever read." He stated, following me nonetheless.

I didn't even know the password of that account yet.

"So what's gonna happen at the orphanage?" I asked him next, eyes glancing at the television screen where Zaydaan was gesturing towards something with his hands and then at Ahad.

"Where's Raima?" He enquired.

"Not here, yet."

"She'll guide you when she comes. Take care."