Blizzard Blues

December's harsh cold air replaced the mild temperatures of November. Dark rose at a much earlier time and it brought the bitter wind along.
The agents were originally to go on a three day break from missions to visit their families to celebrate the upcoming holidays early since they would be busy on the real date. Those plans were ruined due to a nasty blizzard that had been going on since last night.

The new SquidBeak Splatoon base luckily finished construction on the lower half where Marie's shed and the little area with the couch and tv sat. It would have been devastating to find the notes and information on the disappearances buried in a blanket of snow if they had not finished in time.

On the other hand, Agent 4 was out and about on a mission.
With the help of Luciano, he was able to guide Agent 4 on the right path to Cephalon HQ. It would be long until he arrives but it was still nerve racking for the agents to sit back as he did the work.
   So, the three agents and Cap'n would be stuck in the base for who knows how long while they fiddle their fingers  as they wait for any reports from Agent 4.

Kai peered down at Coral, who had her head resting on his lap whilst biting the tip of her finger nails.
" Coral?" he asked with concern.

She stopped biting her fingernails in realization as her tired eyes met his soft green ones, " I'm sorry..I can't help but feel worried for Agent 4," she then sat up , "We are literally sitting here hopelessly, when we could have been out there to support him.  Also, this blizzard.. it's driving me nuts."

   Kai sighed, " I know, but I trust Agent 4. I'm glad Agent 2 chose him. The least we can do here is hope for the best for him."

   " Yeah, your right," Coral said as she shivered and hugged her knees to her chest.

  The Cap'n approached, " How are you doing there Lass? You look like you came out of the freezer."

  Coral turned her head, " Ah Cap'n, we were wondering where you've been for the past hour. And n-no I'm fine, really. The heater is helping but I'm just the type who gets cold easily regardless if there is a heater or not."

   Cap'n Cuttlefish chuckled as he nodded,
   " I was just helping Agent 2 with a broken transmission signal," with an amused gaze he then turned to Kai who sat beside Coral,
    "Are you sure that  sharing a blanket isn't even a enough to warm you up? I'm sure Agent 8 could lend ya some body warmth, ay?"

   Coral nervously laughed as she began to feel her cheeks turn hot.

  " That doesn't sound so bad to me," Kai said.

  Surprised, Coral gasped, " Ka- Agent 8 we weren't supposed to tell-,"

  She was then interrupted by laughter, Cap'n boasted,
   " Bahaha! I'm just messin' with ye!!  Besides, you two don't have to hide it. I always knew ye two would come aroun!"

   " Oh..well I mean, we kind of thought it would be bad since..you know? Agent 2 and all?" Coral said with a bit of guilt.

  With wide eyes, the Cap'n then chuckled " Bahh! Non-sense. Despite what Agent 2 thinks about Octolings, I'm sure she won't go bananas over you two!"

  " Oh?" Kai said, " Well I hope so."

  The Cap'n nodded, " She's just going through a hard time. I'm sure she'll come around, ay?"
   He then began to take his leave to where Agent 2 was but he stopped and quickly peered back at the two,
   "Oh! Before I forget, would  any ye' like some tea? Agent 2 has a nice hot pot already brewing."

   Coral nodded, " That would be nice. Thank you Cap'n."

   The Cap'n then turned to Kai, " And what about you lad?"