New Squidbeak Splatoon

The fog dissolved as they got closer to the base.
Marie explained along the way that her and Callie had created a new base for the New Squidbeak Splatoon due to recent activities done by the Octarians.

   " But why here then?" Coral questioned, " Wouldn't it be more convenient to establish a base closer to Octo Valley?"

      Marie shakes her head, " No, none of the evidence we have found would make sense to be coming from Octo Valley," she remarked.
    " Everything has been traced to Octo Canyon as the source of the activities."

  Coral then turned back to the trail in front of her, it shouldn't be long until they reach the base.
    She yawns and adjusts herself to keep her tired legs from tumbling to the ground. Kai was pretty heavy but cannot compare to when she had to carry a passed out Bruno to Alex's place. 

    The fog had cleared completely as they reached the front of the New Squidbeak Splatoon base. Well..it didn't look much of a base, it looked like it was an old turf war stage that had been beaten down a couple of times.

    Marie glances at Coral. " I know what you think, it...doesn't really look like a base—it's still under the works, so we'll have to make due with what we have at the moment."

    Coral observes the base, there were sewer holes with grates on the ground but were locked with chains. The area that the base was established in seemed to be called Tentakeel Outpost.
    Marie gestures Coral to follow her. Along the way, Marie mentions the purpose of the chains that restricted from anyone going through the sewer's grate.

    " Me and Callie have secured those grates with chains because they lead to areas infested with armed and unarmed Octarians. They have no idea of our base up here but we'll be sure to have one of the agents investigate and deal with them later."
  She leads Coral to an area where a small television sat, there was a small couch that could barely fit two people as well.

   Coral sighs, " I assume you want me to go in there, right? Since Kai is obviously in no condition to do anything at the moment and Callie is missing."

   Marie turns around and shakes her head, " No, I need you to stay with Kai while he recovers and in the mean time, I'll look for a new agent to recruit."

   " A new agent? I'm not against the idea but do we really need one right now? C-can't  you go and investigate?" Coral stammered.

   " Your right, I can do it but haven't you forgotten that Callie is missing? It's the only option we have right now since the Octoling is clearly not in the best shape right now," Marie stated in an annoyed tone.

    Something snapped inside Coral, it was abnormal for her to suddenly get so angry. Then again, she never really got along with Marie.

    " Don't start this bullshit Marie, you can call him Agent 8–yeah—he's an Octoling but that gives you no right  to treat him differently." Coral fumed.

   She then stomped away towards the couch and left Marie who was consoled with the words that Coral had left her with.
        Coral gently puts down Kai on the couch.
  She heaved a sigh of relief from the weight that she had carried. She then threw herself on the end of the couch and sat, looking up at the night sky where a ceiling should have covered the base's roof. Counting the stars and planets, she slowly drifted off into slumber.

      ~Morning~

  Coral woke up to the sunlight burning through her eyes, the squawking of seagulls cried into her ears. She grumbled and sat up from her uncomfortable sitting position that she had slept through.