Shelly

It was now October, the leaves still piled onto the floor and more Inklings began to decorate for Halloween, a holiday passed on from the age of humans.
     Coral was just finishing her shift at the coffee shop and was cleaning the kitchen.
    Kai was at the coffee shop as well because Alex and Bruno had dropped him there after hanging out with them again.

       •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

8:45 p.m, Thursday Night

   Coral and her friend who is her co-worker were mopping the floors and Kai sat in one of the lounge chairs, reading a book as he waited for Coral to finish up.

     Shelly nudged Coral's shoulder, and whispered,
" Ah, so that's the guy who lives with you?"

       Coral nods and  proceeds to mop the floor.

  Shelly furrows her brows, " Hmm, whatever floats your boat Coral." She says with a chuckle.

    " So, you don't care that I find an Octoling cute?" Coral whispers, trying her best to not let Kai hear their conversation.

   " What? Why should I care? He seems like a decent guy and he's always helping you so I don't see what's the problem with you finding him cute." Shelly says as she begins to wipe down the counter.

    " Well it's just that a lot of Inklings seem to despise the thought of an Octoling and a Inkling together, even just as friends.." Coral mutters as She mops the floor lazily.

   " All I gotta say is that it's their problem if they have an issue with that. It shouldn't be your problem, you do what you want."  Shelly says.

    " Yeah, I guess that's true." Coral says and she takes a quick glance at Kai who is still focused on the book he is reading.

         After Shelly and Coral finish up cleaning, Coral heads to the front of the shop while Shelly goes to the bathroom to wash her hands.

    " Hey, sorry we took so long cleaning." Coral says as she grabs her keys from the pocket of her jacket.

    " It's alright." Kai says as he places a bookmark on the page he stopped reading from in his book.

     " Hey Coral, me and my friends are going camping next week, you should totally come along! You can bring a few friends as well."  Shelly says as she came from the bathroom.

     " W-what? Oh, umm I don't know.. I've never really liked Camping when I was little." Coral says.

  " Aww, come on! Next week will be perfect because they are holding a dumb Clam Blitz tournament the entire day, so there wouldn't be anything fun in ranked battles.." Shelly pouts.

    Kai frowns at the part that Shelly mentions about Clam Blitz, he and Coral have played a few matches of it and he did not enjoy it at all.

   " W-well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try again. And I don't think Kai will be too happy about Clam Blitz being held for the whole day either." Coral says.

   " YES, YES THANK YOU SO MUCH!! IT WILL BE SOOOO FUN!! WE CAN TELL SCARY STORIES AND STUFF!" Shelly exclaims as she jumped around happily.

    Shelly then blushed and sulked, " Oops, s-sorry I get really happy sometimes...,"
    " Welp, I'll see you next shift and will tell you the details. Stay fresh Coral and Kai!" She says as she heads to the Inkopolis bus station.

     " Ah, well I guess we're going camping?" Kai chuckles as he opens the shop's door and let's Coral exit first and then follows after.

     " Yeah, I hope it will be fun.  I've always had bad times going camping with my family." Coral says as she locks the shop's door.

    " What happened? I-I mean if you don't mind me asking." Kai asks curiously.

    " It wasn't really too serious, I burned my cousin's eye after flinging my roasted marshmallow on accident and I'm not too fond of sleeping on anything else other than a bed." Coral says as they started to take the path to the apartment.

    " Well, maybe we could buy an air mattress ?" Kai suggests.

    " That's actually not a bad idea." Coral smiles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     Coral's Phone          9:24 p.m
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Group chat: Four members
Coral, Alex, BrunoIsFresh, & Kai

Coral:
Hey guys, wanna go camping?

BrunoIsFresh:
With who? Your stinky face?
xD

Coral:
-.-

Kai:
We are going camping with
her friends

Alex:
That sounds fun, I haven't
gone camping in a long time.

Coral:
Wow that's the first time u seemed interested
in something that I suggested to you .

Alex:
It's way better than
being surrounded by the stench of
Salmonids.

Kai:
Oh.

BrunoIsFresh:
-sent an image-

BrunoIsFresh:-sent an image-

Coral:
Why did u send that

Kai:
t pose ?

BrunoIsFresh:
idk
But yeah sure, we'll go camping
with u guys and ur 'friend'

Coral:
stfu I have more friends than you Bruno

BrunoIsFresh:
Hahaha, no u don't.

Jk ur right ;-;

Kai:
Wow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note : yay they are going camping..
Ehhhhh...
yeah this chapter is short sorry.
Thanks all of you for ur support.
I'm going to be taking a little break ( maybe five days or a week ) because my summer break is almost over.

Also I had no idea what to name this chapter lmao