I'll Open My Doors

Next Week, Sunday 2:40 P.M

      After Kai starting regaining bits of his memories back from dreams he began to isolate himself more often from Coral.  He became more quiet and began to not be able to sleep as well as before, he always woke up feeling groggy.
   It has been a week since he has really spoken to Coral and aside from her participating in turf wars and splat zones more often because  of how  persistent Bruno is about "keeping up their game."

                 •••••••••••••••••••••••••••
-After a turf war match-
Coral, Bruno, and Alex were sitting on a bench eating Fried fish sandwiches in Blackbelly Skatepark.
"So Coral, how is that friend of yours doing?" Bruno asks with his mouth stuffed.

" Ermm..he's fine." Coral lies as she picks at her food.

" Stop lying, if he was fine he would have come along with you and battle with us." Alex says with his arms crossed.

" What makes you think I'm lying?" Coral says a little annoyed and with her eyes still on her food.
" You've been gloomy all day!" Alex snorts

She sighs and she looks up from her food, " Is it that obvious?"

" Yeah girl, you've been bossing us around a lot more in matches and you just give off this vibe that tells me something's wrong." Bruno says as he wraps his food wrapper into a ball and throws it into a trash can.

" Exactly, and I'm getting tired of constantly getting random people as our fourth person in matches." Alex complains.

" I-I don't know guys, he's just been quiet lately and he barely talks to me when I'm home. I just thought he maybe wanted a little time to himself. W-what if I did something wrong?" Coral rambles anxiously.

" Cory, just go talk to him! It's been a fucking week already, don't just ignore the situation!"Alex says patting her shoulder.

" What? You guys kissed or something like that?" Bruno says laughing.

" W-WHAT NO!! IT'S NOTHING LIKE THAT!" Coral screeches and she jabs Bruno in the back of his head.

" Owwww sheesh relax girl, I was just joking. Will you just go talk to him so that we can start winning our matches again?" Bruno says while caressing the back of his head.

" I'll see what I can do." She says as she starts to get up to leave.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••
3:27 P.M
Kai laid on the couch with one leg crossed over his knee. He held the lime green Inkling girl in the palm of his hands and carefully observed the details on it.
He closed his eyes and let his thoughts flow.

You led me to your light, but somehow I'm still lost.

I shall open up my doors to you, to show I'm no longer blue.

He opened his eyes again and listened to the passing cars and the clock mounted on the wall ticking.
Not long after a sound of light footsteps creaked on the stairwell of the Apartment complex and then followed by the sound of keys unlocking the door.

Coral entered through the door and Kai looked at her. The two made eye contact and silence surrounded them.
Kai took a deep breath and began to speak up.
" H-hey Coral, umm. I'm sorry if I have been worrying you, I-I umm... C-can we just talk for a moment..please?" Kai says stuttering as he tries his best to not look away from her

" Y-yeah! I-I mean yes, is there something wrong? Did I do something wrong?" Coral says taking a seat by him on the couch.

" I-I just, it's just that I've been gaining bits of my memories back by dreams.. and I know it's not your fault, but do you remember the day we met?" Kai asks.

" Yeah, That was about two years ago. Wasn't it?" Coral says counting her fingers.

" Yes, and so..I had a sister. S-she.. she was killed on.. that same day." Kai says trying to keep his voice from breaking.

Coral stared at him with sorrow and worry.
" I'm.. I'm sorry, I didn't know that.." Coral says.
" You know Kai, if there is something bothering you or upsetting you.. I'll always be there for you."

" I know I'm sorry for isolating myself from you for a while and making you worried, I just didn't know how to act.." He says as tears drop from his eyes.

He then let everything loose, he cried in front of Coral even though he didn't want to show her that he was a " crybaby," he also knew that she wouldn't think of him like that.
Suddenly he felt arms wrap around him and he felt frozen from Coral's sudden hug. He cried in her arms for a few minutes but eventually he calmed down after and pulled away.

" Thanks Coral, I don't know what I would do without your help." Kai says wiping his eyes.

" Kai, that's what friends are for! Friends help each other and always stick up for them." Coral says with a smile.

He nods in agreement " R-right, and I think I'm ready to join you guys back in Turf wars."

" That's great! Maybe we could try other stuff like Tower control, Splat zones, and all that!" She suggests.

" Oh! On your TV I saw this advertisement of someone who is hiring people to collect salmonid eggs! I've always wanted to try a fried salmonid, especially the golden eggs too." Kai mentions about Grizzco.

" Great idea! I haven't done that in a long time so I'll notify Bruno and Alex and we can do a shift sometime!" Coral says as she takes out her squid phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Coral's Phone
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Group chat: Three members
Coral, Alex, & BrunoIsFresh

Coral:
Hey guys! Are you up for Salmon run sometime? :)

Alex:
hell no.

BrunoIsFresh:
Yess!! Maybe next week because me and Alex are going to be at his parent's place this week.

Alex:
NO BABE! I HATE SALMON RUN, THE SALMONIDS SMELL LIKE PURE SHIT.

BrunoIsFresh:
Meanie >:(

Coral:
Aw come on, it will be so fun!! >^<

Alex:
Fine we'll go only if Kai goes , that dude could really lend us a hand instead of some stranger =_=

BrunoIsFresh:
Yeah! So did you talk to him Cory?

Coral:
Yep, everything is fine! He' okay now, he's actually the one who suggested Salmon run!

Alex:
Kay, that's good. So how about Friday next week at 4:00 p.m sharp, I checked the schedule so we should be fine.

Coral:
That's great, see you guys then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note: yeee I hope you guy enjoyed the little chat thingy, there will be more later but there won't be a whole chapter of just the chat! Peace!