"You'll find someone. It's not like you could say no. Though you should, you wouldn't want to be desperate." He laughed. He was probably thinking he was desperate dating Maia. I would have to die before I could date her. She's a nightmare        

        "Thanks, I get that feeling a lot. Though anyone to date you should be lucky. Your too sweet let down." I was getting suspicious about his comments. They were edging out of the friend zone we barley had. I was thinking of a way to get him out. Should I play sick or say Jen called and said she'd be home? Or just throw him out.                

        We didn't talk for what seemed like forever. We were just staring at each other. His eyes were a bright green and he was just staring at me. The seconds ticked by like hours. He was scaring me, I felt nervous. I jumped quickly off the couch losing my balance and tripping over the coffee table. Landing straight on the floor.

        Brandon got up and got down on his knees. "Are you okay? You kind of zoned out a little bit. I think you should just sit down, I'll leave if I make you uncomfortable."      

        I had slow reflexes which I hit my head before I could catch myself, leaving me with a huge bump on my head. I touched it wincing. I could only manage to complain about my little injuries. "I'll be fine. You can go you don't have to take care of me. I didn't break anything it's just a bump, I'll live."        

        He looked at me carefully as I sat up. I rubbed my foot. I moved the coffee table nearly six inches. No wonder he thought I wasn't okay. I felt a slight touch on my shoulder. I shuddered at the movement. I slowly looked up and saw his face.        

        He smiled "Will you go out with me?" I laughed. I just fell on the floor and I was suddenly able to be asked if I wanted to date him.

        "Know what, help me off the floor and I'll say yes." He helped me off the floor and I was extremely dizzy but tried not to show it.       

        "So, that's a yes." I shook my head and looked at the time. I didn't want him here if Maia was going to be walking around here anytime soon.

        "Yes, now you might want to go before Maia comes over here." He waved goodbye and walked out into the pouring rain. At least he did argue and complain. I really couldn't remember much now, after I got off the floor so fast.              

        I sit back down on the couch and turn on the TV. Right back to my show, must be a marathon. I was startled by someone banging on the door. It made the house move and my ears ring. I opened the door and saw Maia. I was about to ask why she was here. She was soaking wet and had an angry expression.        

        "Is this true?" She asked through clenched teeth. I was too worn out to understand what she was asking. I saw she had a piece of paper in her hand. "Is what true?" I final sputtered out of my tired mouth.

        "This." She waved around the paper in my face. "It's from your crazy ghost stalker. It says friends are more than sneaky. There even more conniving when you don't see them. Where did your little ex-boyfriend go? You need to be more sneaky than mad. You could get a lot more figured out."

        Emily seemed to like to get us both. Now she was getting me. I didn't know what to say. She believed every inch of that note. If I said it was stupid she shouldn't listen she'd know that it was true. I had a flood of memories now. Until Brandon was here until he left. He had a sad story, I fell and hit my head, he asked me out, and I told him to leave. I didn't remember because I was dizzy. Maybe I was dizzy because Emily wanted that, she wanted me to remember now. So, I could suffer with my lie. I was horrible with lying.

         "It's probably a set up. He came here and I told him to leave, he wasn't needed here." Maia looked at me with an evil eye. Checking my every move.

        "You're lying I see it." Great. I couldn't think of anything else to say. I didn't have another lie...... I was helpless.

        "What happened? What really happened?" She was too questionable I couldn't get it out. I kept saying ums and ahs. I fiddled with my fingers avoiding staring her in the eyes. Then a huge bang sounded from the kitchen. I cautiously took a step back. Maia followed me into the house. I gleamed into the kitchen.

        I turned on the light to see pure horror. Maia's piercing scream filled my ears. My tiles on in the kitchen glowed red and the window was shattered. I didn't see anything that caused it. It wasn't fake, that was for sure. There was a note laying in the middle of the floor. I didn't want to touch it. Maia carefully crossed over some blood and picked up the note. Her eyes were wide and her face was extremely pale. "What does it say?" I asked looking at her making sure she wasn't going to fall over.

        She stared to talk in a shaky voice. "It says... So you can't talk that's fine. The life waiting for you didn't talk much either. You couldn't tell your friend that you fooled with Brandon. Well, that's out, but I know you two can play this game a little better. Guard your secrets preciously, because I'm always watching."         

        I felt the air stop in my throat. Maia read that note and she still looked scared to death. I had a thousand questions floating in my brain. She walked back over and crumbled the note and tossed it in the floor. "I'm not playing any game. I'm tired of all this stupid shit. I'm leaving, I don't care anymore. She can do whatever she wants." She walked out and I looked at the kitchen with disgust.

        Emily said the life waiting for you didn't talk much either, she must mean Maia. She doesn't talk about her secrets either. Emily also said she's always watching. Watching for an opportunity to destroy us.