12

Chapter Twelve || Way Down We Go

"Can't anything ever go right?" Peyton groans as she gets out of Brett's car that he parked in front of Scott's house

"Can't anything ever go right?" Peyton groans as she gets out of Brett's car that he parked in front of Scott's house. Scott and Kira were taken by Kate, to Mexico, of course.

"And make our lives easier? Of course not." Brett replies and opens the front door for her.

They walk in the house and see Liam standing in the room, and Stiles walking down the stairs with Malia trailing behind him holding Scott's pillow.

"What are you doing here? Go home." Stiles says to Liam.

"I want to go with."

"Absolutely not, you'd be a liability." Stiles replies. Peyton just rolls her eyes and so does Malia. Brett agrees.

"Why not?" Liam retorts.

"Considering you tore through the chains during your last full moon I'd have to freeze you in carbonite to get you down there."

"That's great." Brett chuckles. Peyton taps his ribs with her elbow.

"Where do we get carbonite?" Liam asks.

"Ok. Nope, definitely not an option." Peyton steps in, protecting her little brother from Stiles' crazy ideas.

"But-." Stiles starts.

"No, Mieczyslaw." She states firmly. Stiles eyes widen and his nose flares.

§§§

"Alpha, Beta, Omega." Liam chants. He is handcuffed to the bench in the back of the transport van Braeden acquired, with Braeden driving, Brett in the passenger seat, and Peyton between Derek and Stiles on the bench across from the fuming beta.

"I don't think it's workin'." Liam grunts. "I thought you said it was a powerful talisman."

"Do you know what it means? The triskele." Peyton asks her brother. She is his anchor, but not on the full moon. When he's hurt, mad or sad, just her presence will keep him from involuntary shifting. Liam shakes his head no.

"It reminds us that Betas can rise as Alphas. Alphas can fall to Betas." Derek states. Liam asks if Alphas can become Omegas and Derek says they can.

"That's why it's powerful. Alphas, Betas, Omegas, they're all powerful. Some more than others, but it tells you that you have willpower, control." Peyton explains. That wasn't really the truth, but it was distracting Liam, the triskelion was doing its job.

"That makes sense." Liam breathes. Then his eyes start to glow again. He drops the triskelion and lunges at the three across from him. Peyton grabs his harms and keeps him from clawing at the two without healing abilities.