11

Chapter Eleven || A Promise To The Dead

The morning after the Deadpool ended Peyton woke up early, much to Brett's dismay

The morning after the Deadpool ended Peyton woke up early, much to Brett's dismay. She had heard the night before that Deaton was not going to be at the clinic that morning, and Scott had asked why. The reason was because he was going to go catch a Wendigo that escaped Eichen House. Eichen was exactly the place she needed to go to save Derek. She needed to speak with a patient, Valack.

After the two captured Patrick, the wendigo, they brought him back to Eichen, and Peyton asked to speak with Valack. Doctor Fenris reluctantly agreed but said Deaton had to go with and she only had fifteen minutes to get information out of the man.

"Ms.LaMont, I knew you'd be visiting me soon." Valack says. Peyton looks over to Deaton and he just nods.

"So I assume you know I want to know about South American Mythology." Peyton crosses her arms.

"You want to know about Kate Argent. You could care less about everything else."

"You're probably right about that, but I don't have the time to sit and chit chat." Peyton declares. "Kate did something to Derek Hale when she took him to Mexico. He's lost his power and his death has been predicted by a banshee. I need to know how to save him. I don't care what it is, just tell me how to save him."

Valack just sits there for a second with a thoughtful look on his face before turning to the two again. "Derek Hale. Why is he so important to the two of you? If I'm correct he's referred to as "Sourwolf". Not many people would go to these great lengths to save him."

"He's pack. Family, actually. You do anything and everything to save the ones you care about." Peyton responds. Valack nods and turns to Deaton.

"I made a promise to the woman I loved."

"Now you know our reasons. Tell us how to save him."

§§§

Brett had left Peyton's house a while after she did. He needed to talk to Satomi. He needed to know everything about what being "mates" with Peyton meant.

"I need to know what all of this entails. Are we supposed to get married or something? We're teenagers." Brett wonders.

"No, sweetheart. You and Peyton can decide when and if that should happen." Satomi assures her beta. "You and Peyton, share a very, very strong bond already, and all of the time the two of you spend together is making that bond stronger. Eventually, you'll mark each other, after that you'll feel each other's pain, emotions, you'll hear her thoughts." Brett raises his eyebrows.