Friends or more (Ashton Irwin Fluff)

Summary: Ashton bumps into an old friend while he is back home for Christmas. 
Based on Love Prompt #51: "What if I told you I've been in love with you since we were kids?" 
(I don't remember if this was requested.) (Words: 3k) (Part 2: Couple or More)
--

(Ashton's POV)
My childhood room feels strange; I haven't been here in many years- well at least haven't stayed in here for a while. But I figured that since I am home for Christmas, I should stay with my family, make up for the time we are apart.
I am lucky enough to have time to stand back from my life in LA and reflect. It gives my mind some peace, helps me keep myself grounded.
And of course, there is nothing that makes me feel better than spending the holidays with my siblings.

I love how my mom put Christmas decorations in my room as well; I swear she was so excited when I told her I was coming home for Christmas.
And now I am here, feeling mellow as I interact with them.
"Ash, dinner's ready." Lauren knocks on my door, making me crunch up from my bed and stop the song that was playing on my phone.
"Is it? Or is mom lying that the food's ready to bring us to the kitchen to make the table?" I ask as I walk out of the room. Lauren smirks and shrugs her shoulders, motioning for me to follow her. 

We find the table laid out, a plate of saucy spaghetti and meatballs for each one of us on it along with a green leafy salad in the center. 
"Wow, looks great, mom." I comment as I drag Lauren's chair out for her. 
"Good to know you like it. I hope you know you are on dish duty after we are done." My mom giggles as I take my seat. 
"Yes, ma'am." I sigh. 
"And I will need you to pick up some stuff for me from the grocery store. You need to get out of your room a bit." She continues and I roll my eyes playfully. 
"I literally have been home for 24 hours and she is already piling up my chores." I joke to Harry as he takes a bite off his plate. 
"What? You think that because you are rich and famous you would get a pass from chores?" He says sarcastically and I shake my head, playfully disappointed at his remark. 
"I'll go to the market after I am done with the dishes. Anyone want anything?" I ask, taking a bite of my foot. 
"We'll write you a list, don't worry." Lauren jokes, giggling at the end. 

With the list in hand and my earphones on, I wander around the aisles of the market. They totally redid the whole thing since I left, so I have to look around for everything on the list. The market seems relatively empty, for the Christmas season, so no one is groaning that I stall too much on each shelf.
I am in this store for 20 minutes now, and yet, no one has recognized me. Well, practically, there is no one here, but still, I am glad that I can do this while being at peace.
Soon though, the tap on my shoulder signals that someone has just found me. I remove one of my earphones, and turn around, plastering a smile to my face.
"Ashton Irwin..." The girl in front of me announces mesmerized. She looks my age and she brings out a familial warmth in my gut. It takes me a moment of observing her face until I make out who she is.
"(Y/N) (Y/L/N)... Damn... What are you doing here?" I ask her, looking at her mesmerized now. "I was about to ask you the same question. Wow, look at you, Mr. Big Shot." She comments, looking up and down at me.
"I came to visit my family for Christmas. What about you?" I ask her, eyes scanning her frame.
"Same. I haven't spent Christmas with them in a while." She replies, smiling warmly at me.
"Me as well. Well, they visit me sometimes, but I haven't been home for Christmas in some years now." I explain and she nods like she knows exactly what I am talking about. Her eyes sparkle as they stay glued to mine.
"Well, I know what you are talking about. I always thought that Christmas in New York would be way better, but I have actually missed home." She explains.
"You live in New York now?" I ask her, gasping surprised.
"It's a long story, far less interesting than you have going on with your life Mr. 'My band beat Beyonce and her husband'." She giggles. I chuckle and lower my gaze, scratching the back of my head as I feel a little awkward.
"Yeah, it has been a good year for us." I admit and she chuckles.
"I am very proud of you. Really." She says cheerfully, placing a hand on my shoulder affirmingly.
"I'd better go, let you finish your shopping. It was good to see you. Merry Christmas." She waves me off before she takes a step to move away.
"Wait..." I rush to let out the word from my mouth.
"Yes?" She turns around to see me.
"Would you like to grab some coffee after we are done shopping?" I ask her, shrugging my shoulders involuntarily.
"Uh... I actually have to head home after, but I'd love to grab a beer with you tonight. If that's ok." She replies and I nod my head eagerly.
"Sure... Around 9?"
"Great. Wanna meet at Joe's?" She asks me, smiling at me brightly. Her smile makes her cheeks pop out and her face softens, giving her an instant glow. She looks good, truly good, even under the lights of the neighborhood's market.
"Amazing. I'll see you there, then." I smile and she nods her head.