Chapter 22 - Grabbed

I lean against the wall in defeat, tilting my head back as traitor tears escape. I pull at my hair in worry and fear.

What am I going to do?

I fight to keep my breathing under control, and when the doors open, I practically fall into the hallway.

I can't let the guys see me like this, they'll start asking questions

I pace the corridor a few times, stopping my shaking and trying to think of a reasonable explanation for why I left the room.

Why didn't I grab the key? I'm so stupid. Okay, okay. Umm...think Paige, think.

My stomach, having now unknotted, starts to rumble.

BREAKFAST!!! I was looking for where the hotel has breakfast!!!

I knock on the door.

I hope they're awake.

"PAIGE!"

"Where the hell were you?! You can't just leave without telling us! We were scared to death!"

The door opens and I'm pulled into a bone-crushing hug by Mason as Miles lectures me. I cuddle into Mason, needing the comfort.

"Don't hog her, we were all worried,"

I'm pulled out of Mason's arms and am instead crushed into Sam's chest. I pull away to see Mason glaring at Sam.

"I'm sorry, I went to try find breakfast but forgot the key." I explain, hoping they'll believe it.

"Just don't scare us like that again Sweetheart." Mason sighs and I nod my head in reply.

"Did you find breakfast?" Sam asks, looking far too innocent.

"Of course you're thinking about food." Miles laughs, making Sam blush.

"Hey! I'm a growing boy, I need to eat." Sam defends. I shake my head in answer.

"I know somewhere, everyone get dressed and we can go." Miles says.

Sam takes a key to one of the other rooms to change in there and Miles does the same, each taking their bags with them. Mason opens his bag and starts to look through it, pulling out black skinny jeans and a white t-shirt. He furrows his brow in confusion before looking at me.

"Angel? Is that my shirt?" He smirks, pointing at me.

"I... Uhh... Yeah, sorry. I'll gi-"

"It's fine, you look good in it anyways." He cuts off my apology. His compliment making me blush more than the embarrassment of being caught wearing his shirt. He chuckles to himself then walks into the bathroom to change.

***

By the time the guys were all ready to go it was 9:10 am. The four of us leisurely walk out of the hotel, the sun shining brightly and the seagulls overheard being remarkably loud. We walk down the same side street as yesterday; but this time, instead of going down the hill, we start walking up it. After only a minute or so, Miles leads us into a small cafe called Sherlocks.

 After only a minute or so, Miles leads us into a small cafe called Sherlocks