Captured

Xavier has gone. He'd spotted a search group that had most likely come for me and went to deal with them. I decided to wait till he returned because there was no one here that I could talk to, and I'd already counted all of the obsidian-like bricks that covered the walls of my, I want to keep saying prison, but I've begun to refer to it as my room. As, 'our' room. It might be a bit forward, and yet, I think he feels the same way. He dropped off some clothes by the door before he left, and to be honest, it felt more comfortable than the dresses I used to wear in my old home. It was still a dress, but it was way more practical than anything I've ever worn before. It was mostly black, and the skirt went past my feet, just enough so that it had a tiny train, but not too much so that if I was running I would trip. The top of the dress stopped past my breasts and my arms were covered in a kind of blackish metal, that could shield me from arrows or other weaponry that might have come my way. It was pretty inventive, for someone who'd been in hiding for so long... I wanted to be ready, just in case my people came for me again and mistook me for working with him. Because I wasn't. Was I?

I began to pace the large room. It had been a while since I got much exercise and I really wanted to just run outside and do a lap of the fortress, considering he would know if I left. But I couldn't even get out the window, because of his stupid barrier. He did trust me, right? It's not like I'm actually leaving, I'm just going to get some exercise. I peered out the window. It wasn't too far a fall. I hooked my legs over the side of the window and dropped to the ground. I landed on the dead grass, feet first. I felt adrenaline run through me, and after swinging my arms, I took off around the structure. A smile spread across my face. I sped up. As I neared one lap of the structure, I passed a bunch of guards standing beside a fortified door. I continued running, my legs only beginning to warm up to have to stop now. I heard yelling behind me, but it began to fade, and I soon lapped them and saw their shock written all over their faces. A new set of adrenaline rushed through my veins, pushing me harder and harder. God, I don't think I've ever been able to run this fast and for this long in a long time. I was forced to stop as a surge of power blocked my path. I skidded to a halt before I crashed into it. My blonde hair covered my face, and I was panting, the smile still very prominent on my face. I turned to see Xavier standing about 10 meters away, a hurricane raging in his eyes. I blew the hair out of my face as he began to take sharp, powerful strides towards me. He halted when he was about an atom away from me. He stared down at me, and I looked back at him, cocking my head.

"What..."
"What the hell were you thinking?" Xavier's voice sounded like a brewing storm.
"I was- getting some exercise... I just assumed it wouldn't be a big deal. It's not like I'm leaving." I shrugged my shoulders.
"What if someone took that opportunity to kidnap you or something?"
"They would probably define it as rescuing actually." We held eye contact for who knows how long, till he muttered some obscenity, and turned away from me. He shook his head and ran a hand through his hair. "You're wearing it."
"Why wouldn't I? My other clothes are horrid now." I heard his throaty laugh, then watched as he turned back around, and walked up to the window. "Come here." I walked over to him and looked up at the window.

Whilst I was distracted, he grabbed me by the waist and threw me into the air. I cried out in surprise and tried to reach for the windowsill, only to fall back into Xavier's arms once more. "Let's try that again." He smirked, and I grinned back, nodding. He launched me upwards again, and I grasped the windowsill, moving so that I was sitting comfortably on the stone. I looked down and watched as he grabbed hold of the stones, and began to climb the wall. He was almost up to where I was, when something crashing into his back, making him fall to the ground. I watched with wide eyes as a rope attached to his back began to drag him away. I slipped off the roof and ran after him. I grasped the rope that held him and turned him over to see a kind of spear pushed into his back. I grasped it, and while still running, I pulled it out. Blood began to seep out of the wound. I began to place pressure on it, and I heard him groan. "Willow, run."
"But you- your blood."
"I'm gonna fucking heal, Willow. Move, or they'll grab you I won't be able to stop it until I've healed. Go." He rasped. I took my bloodied hands from his back, which had already begun to heal, and ran. I looked over to see elves surround Xavier, and then half, some carrying him off, and others running after me. I began to pant, this mornings energy release draining me faster than usual. I fell to the ground, panting. I soon felt a hand on my shoulder, and then about three of my people pulled me up and carried my exhausted body away. My eyes closed, and my mind shut off.

(Sorry about this chapter. I had a massive period of writers' block and wrote this mostly in an hour because of how much of an imagination surge I had. Please tell me if it's really rubbish. 😅)