Safe And Sound

Burr's P.O.V.

God... think about what Y/n had said. Maybe she isn't wrong?

Listen to yourself, Aaron!

You have to shoot this man or he'll shoot you, you must live to see your daughter! You must live to consume more knowledge, to watch humanity evolve, to fall in love again...

I don't want to die.

And I know he doesn't want to either...

Don't shoot him, Aaron.

Shoot his arm.

Because he wants to live as much as you.

"1!"

And so it starts.

"2!"

I can do this, I may be a terrible shot, but I must at least try to aim at his arm.

"3!"

For Theodosia.

"4!"

For his children.

"5!"

For his wife.

"6!"

For our friends: Lafayette, Mulligan, Laurens.

"7!"

I was his first friend.

"8!"

Only now do I realize how terrible of an idea this is.

"9!"

I hate duels. But I started this, let's end it.

"10! Paces fire!"

The world stopped as I turned and aimed my pistol at his arm. What caught me off guard is that fact that his pistol is aimed at the sky.

I pull the trigger, my heart sinking to the bottom of my stomach.

He never intended to shoot me... Mrs. Hamilton was right!

"WAIT!"

Y/n's P.O.V.

"Where is my husband!?" I grab the collar of the doctor who had tried (and failed) to treat Pip's wound.

"M-Mrs. Hamilton!" He steps back and I could see a glint of fear in his eyes. "Please follow me!"

God, Aaron, I swear if he dies...

"Y/n?" Alexander looks up weakly at me.

I clutch the clothes over my heart in pain.

Oh, no...

Third person P.O.V.

Fear curled up inside her and clung to her ribs, settling uncomfortably in her chest. She didn't doubt the feeling was there to stay, reminding her of its existence every time she opened her mouth to breathe.

Alexander collapses on his back as she rushes to his side, crying and pleading for him to stay alive.

"I'll be all right, my love," He showed her the bandages on his right arm.

Eyes wide, trembling limbs, and tear-stained cheeks, she breaks into tears once again. Not tears of sadness, but of joy, that Aaron Burr came through.

Alexander Hamilton would be fine, all thanks to Y/n Hamilton.

"Stop crying..." Alexander laughs silently, wiping away her tears.

"Y-you'll be okay, you're gonna survive, you won't die!" Y/n leans down and they share a quick kiss. "Thank God..."

"Why? What did it think would happen to me?" She laughed through the tears at his cluelessness.

"You were dueling, you goddamn idiot. Next time you sneak out at night to go duel someone, I will shoot you myself!"

Third Person P.O.V.

"I'm glad you're all right," John sat beside him. They shared a moment of comfortable silence before John slapped Alexander, "You're an idiot, ya know that? What were you thinking!? You have amazing kids and a beautiful wife, you're the luckiest man alive, why put your life on the line and worry us all?"

He shrugs unsurely.

"I'm glad you're all right, Alexander," Angelica nods. She stood at the end of his bed with Eliza.

They barely spoke to each other since the incident.

"Eliza," Alexander nods.

"Alexander," Eliza acknowledges.

John chuckles, "Well damn, we got some warming up to do, huh?"

Meanwhile, Y/n stood beside her husband, smiling at her old-fashioned shoes.

"I wanted to apologize," A voice came from the doorway. They turn to Burr and Theodosia.

"Mr. Burr, sir," Alexander said bluntly.

"I'm very sorry about shooting your arm, good sir. I brought you some flowers. Get well soon."

"I accept your apology."

With that, they turn and leave.

"You just got here!" Y/n calls, "why not stay a bit longer?"

"Oh, we don't wanna be a bother!" Theo said.

"A bother? Please, some more company would be nice."

"Father, can we stay?"

"I don't see why not."

Y/n smiles to herself as she watches the group chat among themselves. And for the first time in a long time, her husband and Burr seemed to get along.

She wasn't from this era, but she felt like she belonged.

John looks up at her and smiles widely. She returns it, adoring his petite freckles and cute smile.

As Peggy had said, everything happens for a reason.

Y/n L/n Washington Hamilton was glad to be here.

And she looked forward to the future.

Because she had not a single idea what it held.

She's rowing a boat over a river blindfolded.

(Bird Box Reference lol)

And from Heaven watched Skye L/n, tears of pure joy rolling down her cheeks.

They were safe and sound.

THE END

Yoooooo! I finished this book! I hope you enjoyed, this book was so fun to make tbh. Until next time. 😎