Bets

Y/n's P.O.V.

I had left John, Alexander, Hercules, and Lafayette to engage in some "manly" talk about my husband's infidelity, much to his annoyance. Eliza and Elizabeth have been together all night, along with Angelica, but they weren't talking about anything that interests me, so I left.

Not to mention, I've been getting weird looks from people. Even months after the incident, I still get dirty stares...

Why?

Will history remember me like this?

The wife of... never mind...

I had decided to look for my children only to find AJ, Skye, Anastasia, William, Theodosia, and Georges by the drinks. I elegantly make my way to them, in hopes of an entertaining conversation.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen Thomas, James, or Burr anywhere. I hope they're here, I doubt my children would think it funny their own mother is trying to start a conversation with them, in front of their friends. 

That when I see AJ pour himself a glass of wine.

Worry and anger washed over me and I quickly sprinted to him, grabbing the glass from his hand and yelling, "Alexander Hamilton Junior, what do you think you're doing?"

"Getting a drink?" He said obliviously.

OH. NO. HE. DIDN'T.

"Son, you're not legal yet," I take a sip from the red wine he poured for himself.

"Mom, I'm 16, I think you can make an acceptation," AJ reaches for another glass but I block his path.

"No."

"Come on, I'll do anything!"

He wants to drink that badly?

I smirk mischievously, his face turning pale. "I just made the worst mistake of my life..." AJ murmurs.

I just had a stroke of genius!

"You, my son, have to find a date partner in 10 minutes. If you manage to find a lady to dance with, I will allow you to have as many drinks as you please."

"You're on!" He challenges, grinning from ear to ear.

"Ha! I'd like to see you try!" I gently place the glass down and march away, grinning toothily. He'll never find a date.

Trust me, I am his mother, I've seen him flirting.

Sure, girls drool over him, but when he approaches one, all hell breaks loose.

Let's see how this plays out.

You may be thinking, 'why would a mother say that he can drink all he wants if he finds a date?' If AJ manages to find a date, he'll be too busy talking to her, he'll forget all about the drinks.

"I bet you can't get one of the founding fathers other than Dad to dance with you!" He calls playfully.

Oh, he's asking for it!

"Okay, bet!"

Now time to look for a dance partner.

Wait...

Thomas and James are founding fathers...

"It also can't be Uncle Thomas and Uncle James!"

"FUUUUUUU-"

AJ's P.O.V.

This'll be a piece of cake, she'll never find someone to dance with her. Mom has a whole journey ahead. Meanwhile, I'll just ask Skye to dance-