It All Comes To An End

A/N: screw the timeline. Just go with it.

To Y/n Hamilton,

[New York, July 4, 1804]

This letter, my very dear Y/n, will not be delivered to you unless I shall first have terminated my earthly career; to begin, as I humbly hope from redeeming grace and divine mercy, a happy immortality.
If it had been possible for me to have avoided the interview, my love for you and my precious children would have been alone a decisive motive. But it was not possible, without sacrifices which would have rendered me unworthy of your esteem. I need not tell you of the pangs I feel, from the idea of quitting you and exposing you to the anguish which I know you would feel. Nor could I dwell on the topic lest it should unman me.
The Consolations of Religion, my beloved, can alone support you; and these you have a right to enjoy. Fly to the bosom of your God and be comforted. With my last idea; I shall cherish the sweet hope of meeting you in a better world.

Adieu best of wives and best of Women. Embrace all my darling Children for me.

Ever yours,
A. Ham

Alexander adjusts his glasses, exhales a shaky breath, and gently places the letter somewhere it could dry easily. He pushes his chair and makes his way to his and his wife's bedroom.

She lies peacefully on the mahogany bed. He smiles to himself as he examines her gorgeous features, for this might be the last time he sees her.

He cups her cheek gently and kisses her forehead, tears slowly streaming down his face.

Y/n's eyes flutter open and she smiles lovingly at her husband, leaning up and kissing him tenderly.

"I love you," He whispered.

"I love you more~," She said.

Once she heard the door shut, she rose to her feet and quietly walked to her husband's study. She took the letter off his desk and read it.

After reading it, her heart sunk to the deepest depth of her stomach.

Her knees became weak and she dropped to the ground, covering her mouth and muffling a sob.

She wanted comforting.

She wanted her son.

She wanted his father.

She wanted her husband.

She needed them alive.

Burr's P.O.V.

We rowed across the Hudson at dawn
My friend, William P. Van Ness signed on as my number two.

Hamilton arrived with his crew: Nathaniel Pendleton and a doctor that he knew.

number three

I watched Hamilton examine the terrain, I wish I could tell you what was happening in his brain. This man has poisoned my political pursuits! Most disputes die and no one shoots.