Chapter 11

"Jesus Christ Mable, do you know who you ran into?" Brennon, pulled me into a line for what I think is some Asian food, it smells really good. 

"A-alpha Caleb Larson, r-right?" I stutter, shivering at those cold eyes that were even deader than Clint's. That alpha is leader of a small pack, but that whole pack is trained to the bone. Rumor has it that even their toddlers can wield a gun like one of those human army men. Dolphins or some aquatic mammal like that. 

"Yeah," Brennon turned briefly to order his food, quickly asking me what I wanted, and when I told him I wasn't hungry he ordered an additional platter of noodles and a small soda. "He's suppose to visit the pack house in a few days and to be honest, that wolf creeps me the hell out." Brennon paid for the food and now we are waiting on the other side to get it.

"Me too." I look back, suddenly seeing a pair of ocean blue eyes bright than ever staring right at me. I spun around quickly, almost too quickly since Brennon turned to be slightly with concerned eyes. He looked even more back to see who I was avoiding and probably saw his alpha.

"Don't worry too much about Axel," Brennon collected the food, thanking the man and walking away with me, "He's probably paranoid about you. Phoebe rarely speaks to the girls in our pack and all of the sudden she wants to be friends with you." Brennon just sat down at the closest table, seeing how the whole place was crowded. 

"What do you have against her?" I asked, accepting the food and fork he gave me, suddenly feeling how hungry I was. 

"Who? Phoebe?" Brennon shoveled a bunch of rice and I think was tofu into his mouth, practically inhaling the whole bite as he reached to sip his soda. 

I nod eating at a more moderate pace than this mountain boy.

Brennon made a loud gulp, briefly burping before picking up his fork again. "I can't really explain it." He sighed, glaring at the foam container while shoveling more. 

"It's something you can't tell alpha, right?" I pushed some of the vegetables around, suddenly losing my appetite. 

Brennon was silent for a while, "Yeah." 

I stabbed a broccoli, frowning when it fell off the fork. "You can tell me you know?" I felt a little braver, seeing how he's admitted a lot to me before.

"I know." Brennon sighed, "It's just that it's complicated." He burped again, tossing the empty soda cup into the cleaned out tray and sighing. 

This boy just ate his whole meal in less than five minutes. 

I heard werewolf males appetite are different than a human's but this is insane. 

"I understand." I leaned all the way down, pulling my hair out of the way so I could finally eat this piece of broccoli. But when I sat up Brennon was staring at me with a guilty look in his eyes. 

"She's a rouge, or was a rouge," Brennon sighed, putting his head in his hands, "And she's my sister." 

I choked.

"S-sister?" I drank up my soda, feeling the bubbles tickle my throat. "H-how?" They look nothing alike, from hair colour to eye colour. 

"Well she's more of my adoptive sister, from before my family joined River Side," Brennon adjusted himself in the seat, shifting his shirt collar as well, "Phoebe was a rouge that my father found on his patrol when we were back in our other pack. She was really badly injured and seemed harmless so my father took her in."

"Seemed?" I questioned, feeling chills run down my spine.

"Yeah, from the moment I met her, her whole personality was... off. She would be so happy and peppy to everyone in the pack, so social and quite popular amongst everyone. But back in the privacy of our own house she would hide herself in her room, not speaking to me or my parents." Brennon's whole person got grimmer, his eyes got darker while his posture sunk.

"And what happened?" I leaned forward, trying to get a good look at those candy green eyes that lit up every room. 

"Our pack was completely slaughtered by rouges, my family barely escaped with our lives. But in the chaos we lost track of Phoebe, well it's more like she ran off." Brennon pressed his lips together, something I've quickly picked up he does when he wants to say something but is hesitating. 

"What? What is it?" My curiosity is topping my shyness. Besides, I've never felt more comfortable with anyone so quickly. I even took a while to warm up to Boras and I met him when I was 3. 

"Phoebe wasn't her name when we were siblings," Brennon looked behind me cautiously, right in the direction of the alpha and luna, "It was Nora when I met her." He was leaned up and whispering to me. 

But he reeled back when a massive hand slammed in between us, making us both flinch and fall back into our seats. 

I was staring at the hand, my whole body shaking from the nerves. 

"Axel what the hell?!" Brennon shouted, standing up and stared at his alpha right in the eyes before backing down like a submissive dog. "S-sorry alpha." He sat back down, suddenly taking my trembling fist from the table and tugging it lightly to try to get me to snap out of it but it just made my shake more.

I pulled it back, clutching to my chest and stared at how big his hand is. Like those same hands that tried to hurt me all those years ago. 

"What's wrong with her?" Axel growled, reached out for me but I let out a scream. I wrapped my arms around my head, trembling more as I attempted to protect myself. "Ma-Omega, what's wrong?" Axel reached for me again, but stopped when I curled up more. 

"Ax-alpha, why don't you go back to the luna and I'll take Mable to go see Clint." Brennon got up, reaching for me but suddenly Axel moved almost like lightning and grabbed his arm before it could reach me.

I finally gathered myself to look up at Axel, whose eyes were glowing bright blue with a burning fury. He threw Brennon to the side, sending the mountain quite literally flying. 

Wolves jumped out of the way. Mates protected each other while other leaders and high ranked wolves began shifting, preparing to attack the even more outraged alpha.

Axel looked at Brennon's slumped form who was luckily getting up slowly, clutching his side as he used the broken tables to get up. Axel inhaled sharply, growling so loud it shook the air. 

"Don't touch mate!"