"Medley relay" Rin said breaking my concentration "backstroke: Momo Mikoshiba, Breaststroke: Ai Nitori, butterfly: Sousuke Yamazaki Of course yours truly will cover the individual freestyle"

"No partying tonight I want you all to rest dismissed"

I watched everyone walk away as I rolled my shoulder. Tomorrow it was all over I could tell my shoulder wouldn't hang on much longer.

"Sousuke. Tomorrow no regrets either way right?" Rin asked offering out his hand "no regrets" I repeated still not fist pumping him "Sou?"

"I'm going for a walk"I said turning away

I walked around town thinking about my shoulder. Tomorrow Rin was gonna find out. Would we even be friends after that? He'll hate me for lying to him.

I sighed walking back to the hotel. I stepped into the elevator which was occupied with a member of staff who was carrying a trolley of towels.

The elevator stopped and Nanase got in I mentally groaned. I moved to the back of the elevator and stood in silence it stopped again and the staff member stepped out moving the trolley but it got caught on the floor causing the towels to fly backwards I reached out but groaned in pain gripping my shoulder.

"I'm so sorry" the man apologised then left. Crap Nanase saw that.

"That shoulder still giving you grief?" He asked once we were alone I looked up at him and growled "What the hell does that mean?"

"Drop the act I ran into Kisumi the other day"

I paled "tch good for you" I said the elevator stopping again I stepped out walking away even though it wasn't my floor "hang on" Nanase said

"Not like it's gonna make any difference tomorrow but tell Rin and you and me have a problem" I said as the doors closed.

I walked around the hotel already lost thankfully Rin would probably be out meeting college scouts something I would never do.

"Sousuke" a voice behind me called "Rin" I said turning to see the fiery redhead staring at me

"You got lost didn't you?" He said smirking "tch no" I said

"Whatever you weirdo come on let's go back to the room." Rin said kicking me on the back of the leg "you wanna lead the way" he teased.

"Shut up" I mumbled we walked back to our room in silence once we were there I sat down on the bed. "Sousuke I wanna ask you something" Rin said I looked up at him "What is it?" I prayed that he wasn't gonna ask what was up again.

"Why did you go home the other day when you missed practice? A-are your parents having problems?" Rin asked trying to phrase his words carefully.

I couldn't help myself but I snorted with laughter "Rin I haven't seen my parents in months they're staying in England for awhile trying to expand my fathers company"

Rin looked at me shocked "Why didn't you tell? All those times we went back home for the weekends you just stayed at your house alone you could've stayed with me" Rin said sounding slightly hurt

"Didn't want to be a bother" I said shrugging but regretted it as my shoulder twinged.

"I doubt my parents even care I transferred to Samezuka they know of course but I doubt they give a damn" I said lying down on the bed

"But that's why you transferred that's what you said 'you transferred cause it would be nice to swim your last year at home'" Rin said

"Like I said Rin I missed you. I wanted to swim my last year with you" I said not looking at him rolling over "now shut up and go to sleep we have regionals tomorrow gotta impress all those college scouts don't you"

I could feel Rin stare at me but I ignored him drifting off to sleep.

Time Skip

We waited by the warmup pool for Momo to come. "Come on guys gotta get this ideal team ready for the race" Momo said running towards us.

"Glad you finally managed to join us now what the hell are you babbling about?" Rin asked Momo talked about last year.

I slid into the pool and swam a warmup lap the pain in my shoulder was killing me. "Okay guys let's work on some exchanges" Rin said from the side.

We nodded taking it in turns. I dived in after Nitori touched the side and propelled myself through the water I tried to hold back to stop my shoulder from giving out before the relay.

But suddenly the pain in my shoulder twinged so suddenly and badly that I was forced to stop. Rin had already dived in and swam up behind me saying "What was that about?"

"Sorry my bad got distracted screwed up" I said trying to sound casual

"You got distracted?" He asked in disbelief

"Yeah yeah I'm gonna go take five and grab a soda" I said climbing out the pool. I rolled my shoulder.

I had to make it just a couple more hours then it would be over. Rin might never speak to me again but...it means I accomplished a part of my dream.

I went to the changing room and look d at my shoulder it was bad. It was now a deep purple colour and I knew Rin would notice I turned on the shower and sank to the floor.

This can't be it. It can't be the end