10.

"So who is he?" Elise's roommate Naomi asked, leaning against the frame of Elise's door.

Elise was clamping a necklace as she asked the question.

"Who's who?" Elise asked.

"Don't play dumb" Naomi laughed, walking in and sitting on her bed. "We know there's a guy. We all know there's a guy"

Elise looked down and smiled a little before looking back to the mirror and straightening her shirt.

"If you have to know, his name is David"

"Barnes?!"

"No" Elise turned towards Naomi. "He's Chelsey's friend"

"From home?"

"No, her boyfriend's friend, technically, I guess"

"Is he a youtuber?" Naomi raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah" Elise shrugged.

Naomi laid back and looked up at the ceiling.

"It's not..." She started.

"What?" Elise tilted her head.

"David Dobrik?" She sat up.

"Ding ding ding. How's you guess that, though?" Elise asked, gathering her belongings around her room and tossing them into her backpack.

"Shit, Elise, are you serious?" Naomi laughed. "He's like, a huge youtuber. Did you know that?"

"I mean, obviously i've looked him up since we started talking. You know I don't watch youtube, though"

"Do Hannah and Kate know this?!" Naomi asked, referencing their other roommates.

Elise shook her head.

"I have to go" Elise said, looking at the time on her phone.

"We're not done discussing this!" Naomi called after her.

"Whatever you say!" Elise called, pulling her slip on vans onto her feet.

She walked out of her apartment and into David's car.

"Hey" She smiled.

"Hey! So, change of plans"

"Ok" Elise laughed.

"I need footage, and my friend Josh is hanging out with this family we're friends with, apparently they just bought a ton of sour candy and are trying them... i sound like i'm crazy" David laughed halfway through the sentence.

"I've seen JC and Kian trying to come up with ideas, nothing phases me"

David warned Elise about the family she was about to meet.

"They're kind of annoying but they're nice"

"Are you bringing me to my house?"

David laughed.

"Is your family entertaining?"

Elise shook her head.

"Not in the slightest. You couldn't tell by talking to me?"

"Oh shut up, you're entertaining. I would put you in a vlog"

"Oh god"

"I wouldn't unless you gave me the ok" He assured her.

"One of these days"

They arrived at the Antonyans house and walked straight inside.

"DAVID!" Vardon, the youngest of the kids ran over and wrapped David in a tight hug.

"Hey buddy" David laughed.

"Who's this?" He asked bluntly, pointing to Elise.

"This is Elise"

"How do you know David?" Vardon questioned.

"What are you, a bouncer?" David asked.

"He's friends with one of my friends" Elise explained.

"Are you dating him?"

"Is anyone gonna stop the interrogation?" David asked the rest of the room, comprised of Vardon's siblings and Josh, making them all laugh.

"I don't know, this is pretty funny" Josh laughed, walking towards David and giving him a hug. "It's nice to meet you Elise"

"Nice to meet you too!"

David introduced Elise to everyone else in the room, sitting down next to Josh. A few seconds later, the mother of the family entered the room.

"Oh hello" she said to David. "Who is your friend?" She smiled.

"This is Elise, Elise, this is Marine"

"Hello!" Elise extended a hand. "Thank you for having me over"

"Any friend of David's is a friend of ours" she assured, placing a tray of food on the table and sitting next to Elise.

"Dolma?" Elise asked.

"Are you Armenian?"

"Half"

"DAVID, keep her"

David laughed, watching the Antonyan children argue with each other over something trivial.

"I didn't know you were Armenian" He leaned over and said. "What else don't I know?"

"Probably more than you do know" She laughed.

"Ok, fair"

Elise kept talking with Marine about Armenia until Josh brought out a giant grocery bag full of candy, starting to distribute it across the table as David filmed. Elise laughed, watching the entire ordeal go down.

"What about you, Elise?" Josh asked, sweating after his last piece of candy. "You're sitting there laughing but I'm not so sure you could take the heat"

Elise raised her eyebrows and put her hand out.

"Hit me with your worst"

Josh handed Elise a lemon flavored candy called "toxic waste". She examined it before popping it in her mouth without flinching. David widened his eyes.

"It looks like I can take the heat" She grinned, after finishing it.

"That's.... fucked up" Josh said, making everyone laugh.

"I like her" Jonah said, pointing at Elise.

David smiled and looked over at Elise.

"Me too"

———————————
Idk why I have no impulse control when posting, I literally have posted 10 chapters in 4 days meanwhile all the good fic writers post like once a week and really build the anticipation smh i'm such a loser