28.

Elise woke up during the tail end of midterm season and realized she was sick. It was one of those nagging feelings that was confirmed with lethargy and a headache; almost like a hangover.

Elise: I'm sick so tonight might be a no go

David and Elise were meant to hang out at Jason and Todd's house with his, or rather their, friends.

David: What's wrong???

Elise: I don't know how to explain it to you besides I feel like trash

David: I'm sending Natalie over. Fever?

Elise: No idea i lost my thermometer
Elise: Daviddddddddd no let the poor girl rest

David: Too late :)

An hour and a half later, Natalie arrived at Elise's apartment with a potted succulent, some cold medicine, some ibuprofen, a thermometer, and 3 large bottles of gatorade to confirm that Elise did in fact have a fever.

"I heard you like succulents?" Natalie asked, laughing.

Elise put her hand over her heart.

"You remembered?"

"David remembered"

Elise smiled and thanked Natalie profusely.

Five hours later, David entered Elise's room holding a box of her favorite tea and a to-go bag with soup in it. She was laying in bed reading over her class notes.

"Ellie" David said sadly, looking at his girlfriend, who was alarmingly pink. He had taken to calling Elise different nicknames depending on his mood.

He sat down next to her and put his hand on her forehead.

"You need to rest. Like really rest"

Elise laughed a little looking at David's outfit. He was wearing a sweater, black jeans, and dress shoes; his new producer "uniform".

"You're so sweet" She said. "But you should go home so I don't get you sick"

"Nonsense" He said, slipping his shoes off, lightly closing Elise's notebook, and putting it on her desk. He then lay down next to her.

"Plus, you have a party to attend"

David shook his head. "I'm taking care of you tonight"

"David" Elise whined. "This so too much, seriously, i'm all good"

"Too bad" He grinned. "You're stuck with me for the night. Plus, you can take care of me when I inevitably get the flu too"

They laid side by side, Elise coughing violently.

"This sucks. I need to do something else because all i'm thinking about is coughing and it's making it worse"

"I have an idea. Let's watch a movie that isn't in English, but not put the subtitles on and improv what they're saying"

Elise laughed.

"That's actually really funny"

So they laid together, watching a bunch of foreign movies with no subtitles and eventually getting tired. Elise fell asleep first, while David stayed awake just a little longer. He marveled at how lucky he was to have Elise in his life, and how quickly she went from a complete stranger to the girl he would do anything for. He looked up to see Bella in the hallway outside of Elise's room, just through the crack in the door. She smiled and gave him a thumbs up. It didn't scare David, or get him worked up. He smiled, and turned back to his sleeping girlfriend, wrapping his arms around her and falling asleep.

----------

I've been putting in soooo much fluff, mainly because I don't want anything to happen to David or Elise because they're so cute so the drama was mainly the last chapter hahahahah

Sorry that I suck at updating this! Hopefully I will be better from now on since I thought of a few cute chapter ideas :)