Chapter 5

I woke up, with Lily looked up at me, as if she waited for me to wake up. "Good morning Red." I smiled at Lily and she smiled back. She stood up from the couch and pointed to the window. "Are the bad men gone?" I looked at Riley. He nodded, meaning it was fine. I opened the windows and let out the morning breeze. Lily looked outside and watched the birds on the tree sing.

"Sasha."

"Yea Red?"

"Do you know what your going to do?" she asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Like, I was planning on heading to Genosha, but I didn't have to money." said Lily in a sad tone.

"Well have you tried that mutant school thing? Whats it called... Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters?" I asked leaning against the counter. Lily shrugged. "I'm not gifted. And I don't know if their school is safe for me." I looked at Lily and noticed how sad she was. I sighed and put a hand on her shoulder. "Well then, let's go find out." I smiled and Lily looked at me excitedly. "Horray!"

Lily and I climbed out of the building, and of course I had my hoodie and she had her beanie on, and Riley was flying above us. We walked all the way to Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters. We looked up at the huge gates as Riley landed on my shoulder. A woman with long white hair walked up to us, opening the gates.

"Hello." she said with an African accent. "What can I do for you?"

"Uh hi, I heard about this school and I was wondering if it was a safe place for Lily." I said, looking down at Lily then back to the woman.

The woman smiled. "Ah, you want to be a student here. I assure you it is a safe place here, do you want to have a word with the Professor?" she asked.

I shrugged. "Yea sure." The woman smiled as she brought us in the mansion. As we followed her, Lily and I looked at what it was like. The mansion was like an actual school but for mutants. I looked down at Lily to see how she was doing. Lily couldn't stop smiling. The woman showed up to the Professor's room. She opened the doors. "Charles, we have guests and a might soon be student." said the woman.

A man in a wheelchair looked at Lily and I. "Thank you Ororo." he said to the woman. The woman then left the room and left us alone with the man.

"Hello, I'm Professor, Charles Xavier, and you must be Sasha and Lily correct?" Lily and I nodded. The Professor smiled. "The school is a safe place for you to be as you saw in the halls when you walked here. Everybody here is a mutant just like you." Lily smiled at the Professor then looked over at me.

"Sasha, I wanna be here." she said. I nodded. "Ok." I hugged her as a goodbye.

"I'll never forget you Sasha."

"And I'll never forget you." I smiled.

Lily walked out of the room, and was guided by Ororo. The Professor looked at me. "We are always welcome with open arms. We have food on the table, roof, beds." he said.

I rolled my eyes a bit. "Thanks but... no thanks. I think I'm better off on my own." The Professor rolled infront of me. "Do you believe that Sasha?"

I kept my straight face. "Yes." The Professor sighed. "If you change your mind we will welcome you."

"I'll keep that in mind." I started walking towards the door, but a hairyish man, bumped into me.

"Watch where your going bub." he growled, cigarette on his mouth. I glared at him, fanning the smell of smoke. "Should you really be smoking on school grounds?" I snapped at him. He narrowed his eyes at me, and he sorta growled at me.

"Whats it to ya?" he spat. I kept glaring at him. "Hope your lungs fall out." I snapped and slammed the door. I started walking towards the exit. I already had enough of this place. As I started making my way out, I turned around to see that smoking guy staring at me from the window. I rolled my eyes and started walking home.

{Third Person POV}

Logan looked out the window at the Sasha, the back at the Professor. "The kid's got guts. She would fit in here well." he said to Charles, who nodded in agreement. "I was able to tap into her mind while she was saying goodbye to her friend. She was captured by the MRD twice. One she met Pyro and the other she met the Brotherhood." Logan took his cigarette out, tapped it, then put it back in his mouth. "What side is she leaning on most likely? Magneto's or the X-Men?" asked Logan.

"I don't know. I couldn't figure the odds of that." said Charles, thinking. "She tends to think she does not need aid from others that much." Logan leaned against the wall. "Then she's a loner. Just let her do what she wants for a while. She's choose one day."

At an MRD base, Ben is talking to one of the officers. "The mutants all escaped? Including Sasha?" yelled Ben. The officer nodded, Ben slapping him. "How could you let this happen!"

"They were too fast!" said the officer. Ben banged them on the table. "When General Mose hears about this your toast!" yelled Ben. The officer whimpered. General Mose and Senator Kelly walked into the MRD base. Ben stood up straight like a solider.

"Gentlemen. It's ok we lost those mutants." said Senator Kelly. Ben's jaws dropped. "Sir we lost over..."

"Ranolds shut it." said Mose and Ben stopped talking. Senator Kelly fixed his tie. "Thank you. Now, it because, for tomorrow, will be a brand new day! We are launching a new program. Now. Before this escape. We got an x-gene from one of the mutants. We can now track any mutant there if with our new upgraded armor, and the Sentinel Stalker."

Ben grinned as Mose gave him a new helmet. "Command Ranolds, are you ready to take on and bring the mutant back to where they belong?" asked Mose in a demanding tone.

Ben nodded, putting on the helmet.

"I'm always ready to bring an end to those stupid mutants."