第十章 [𝐰𝐨𝐚𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞, 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲]

━━ 苹果 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━

[ W ]

I shuddered as the cold breeze hit my entire body. I wore extra layers today, a singlet under my buttoned-up long sleeve shirt and a thick wool sweater on top. I even wore my favourite black scarf...

BUT GUESS WHAT?

I'M STILL FREEZING TO DEATH.

I guess today was one of those days where it felt like you're stranded in the South Pole wearing nothing but boxers.

Or maybe just wearing absolutely nothing.

My teeth were chattering as my entire body shook violently. Instinctively, I rubbed both my hands to generate some sort of heat.

"Hey, you okay? Are you cold?" I heard Jina questioned beside me. I faced her and shyly nodded. I still couldn't talk to her normally after what happened last night. I haven't uttered a single sentence to her other than my usual, "Good Morning."

"Here! Take this." Jina beamed as she placed something into my palms. They were white and really hot, the comforting kind. I shot her a perplexed look, wondering what was the item.

"Hot packs. I have tons back at home. I'll give some later." Jina giggled, squishing the hot packs against her cheeks.

Like I've said a million times before — her giggles are the cutest noise I've ever heard and I don't think I can get tired from it.

"This is the only right way to use hot packs. There's no exception." She bounced up and down jubilantly, humming in delight.

"Here, try it! It's really comforting!" She urged as she motioned her arms for me to do the same.

"O-okay." I chuckled before placing them on my cheeks.

"Woah..." I let out a heavy sigh, enjoying the heat from the pack that was seeping into my frozen cheeks. My eyes fluttered shut, enjoying this moment in pure bliss.

"winwin..." Jina whispered softly beside me.

I hummed in response, my eyes still shut.

"Winwin!" She whispered again, this time a tad louder.

"Yeah? I'm listening, Jina." I mumbled, wondering what she wanted to say.

"WINWIN!" Jina snapped before shaking my shoulders violently.

"What? What's wrong?" I slowly opened my eyes to meet hers.

I gave her a confused glance, "Why did you scream?" I sighed, the hot packs still glued to my cheeks.

She didn't respond but turned her head in front instead. I followed suit and dropped my hot packs into the ground.

I finally understood why.

In front of us was a bunch of people; regular customers and even some familiar faces like Yebin.

Mrs Lee was also here.

Her son, Taeyong was here too.

Yuta.

And even the carrot seller is here...

Wait,

Why is Doyoung here?!

For a second, I thought I saw someone familiar in the crowd...

Never mind that, I have other things to worry about.

I JUST MADE A FOOL OUT OF MYSELF.

"oh... hey guys..." I awkwardly greeted them, waving my right hand briefly before letting it drop to the side.