第一章 [𝐣𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐣𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐬]

━━ 苹果 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Winwin, you have nothing going on for this few months right?" Winwin's uncle, Mr Dong asked.

"No uncle, I'm waiting for my exam results before applying to uni. I just wanna relax for now." He answered back. He was sitting on the couch, pressing his phone screen repeatedly on a game he was currently playing.

"Well, do you mind helping me out with the stall?" His uncle coaxed. Winwin had to pause the game to answer him.

He lived with his uncle in South Korea for a few years now because he wanted to enrol in an art performing school here rather than his hometown. Mr Dong has already retired from the business industry for a few years now but during the autumn season, he opens an apple stall in the farmers' market. Mr Dong really sticks to the said rule,

'An apple a day keeps the doctor away.'

Winwin however, thinks his uncle is weird and have a slightly unhealthy relationship with apples. Despite apples being healthy in the first place.

Winwin has never been to his uncle's stall as he was always busy with college. He pondered to himself, why not? He's not doing anything productive, it's nice outside and it's only for a few hours, what could go wrong?

"Okay, uncle. I'll help you and I get paid right?" Winwin replied back while looking at Mr Dong. His eyes were looking at him hopefully, wanting extra cash just for the sake of having extra cash.

"₩10000 an hour?"

"Deal."

"Uncle, we've been here for 2 hours and only a few have bought our apples," Winwin complained, already getting cold, despite being sunny outside.

"We have to be patient, Winwin. When my number one customer arrives, everyone will be buying our apples." His uncle replied reassuringly.
"Number one customer?" The named male asked.

"Yes, she buys apples from me every autumn season. She makes really good apple pie." Mr Dong chuckled, already imagining the sweet taste of apple pie dancing in his mouth.

"So, a nice old lady?" His uncle laughed wholeheartedly before responding, "See for yourself." Winwin just nodded his head and continued looking around the market to see if anyone was interested in their stall.

Soon enough, an old lady who was wearing a simple dress was walking near the stall. Is she the number one customer that his uncle was talking about?

"Excuse me, are you interested in buying our apples?" Winwin asked when the old lady got closer. However, she just shook her head before walking away.

"She's not my number one customer, Winwin." Mr Dong snorted, clutching into his stomach as loud laughs escaped his mouth. Winwin just blushed in embarrassment and sat quietly on his wooden stool.

[ W ]

I can't believe I just embarrassed myself. I sat quietly and continued to look around. I saw a lot of old ladies walking around but I rather not say anything like last time and just keep my mouth shut. I may be fooled once but I won't so twice.

Staring at the Jonathan and Jonagold apples in our display for a few moments, wishing it would just disappear, I saw a puppy running around the street playing with a branch in its mouth.

Cute, I thought. I wanted to pet it but I was sure uncle wouldn't let me. I just continued gazing at the cute puppy playing with the leaves on the ground and being oh so adorable.