Willow Street.

(Part g)

I saw the king's hand glow red like hot coal. The castle shook as the doors blasted open heading for a screaming Samantha. A white photon wall- for lack of words- shielded her. 3 dark shadows floated into the castle. They were hooded but i could see their red glowing eyes.

Red bolts struck 2 of them. The 3rd one teleported and reappeared behind the king. The princess' muttered something and i saw a white unicorn- photon like- charge at the shadow striking and hit it directly on its chest. It gave out a pitiful shriek making me instantly muff my ears.

Sam was slower and she dropped down blood trickling from her ears. The thing moved to her and as the others were preoccupied, I grabbed a metallic thing. It was a silver orb which i threw at the shadow. It passed THROUGH it and i gasped. It turned to me its eyes glowing- but full of emptiness. I felt a pull- as if it was drawing me into it.

I resisted and felt my strength. It pulled harder but i too dug in my feet. We reached a point where we were equally matched. I then noticed the room was quiet. The eyes hypnotized locking my gaze into them.

Then from nowhere I felt a warm feeling bubbling up from my heart. I used all my will and strength to raise my hand and touch it. I felt a spark on contact and it stumbled back. It gave a shriek and burst into flames. I looked round and realised everyone was watching me.

I stumbled onto my feet as the guards locked the repaired doors.

'So you still don't believe in magic?' the princess asked, 'Yet a magical creature attacked and you destroyed it.'

'What was that thing?' Sam asked stiffly. I could see the dried blood on her face. The princess turned her attention and waved her hand. The blood vanished.

'Banished Shadows,' she replied. 'Shadows that detach themselves from their owners---'