Willow Street

(Part e)

I could no longer see downhill. Instead we were in some woods and a lake glimmered amongst the trees. We stared at each other. Sam rubbed her eyes asking if she was dreaming. I told her it was impossible to have the same dream. We heard approaching hooves and turned to see a brown mare leading four other horses heading to the lake. I refused to believe what i was experiencing. Sam walked forwards and i quickly ran to her side. We stood in awe at what unfolded before our eyes.

Downhill was a very large and i mean a VERY large extensive land. Houses dotted the area but what stood out was what looked like an ice castle sparkling in the sun. Sam gasped as we stood mesmerized and transfixed. A bird cried out and i looked up to see a white peregrine falcon. 'WHITE!' I exclaimed. Sam shook her head in disbelief. It circled us then flew down to the castle. We started the descent and were met by 3 soldiers clad in 16th Century mail. They had swords round their waists and the foremost held a banner on a pole. A crest was drawn on the silver banner. A one-horned horse and a winged woman were visible.

I refused to believe the painting and instead watched the guards. They did not speak but we had to follow them. We reached the moat. The drawbridge was lowered then the 3 silver portcullis slid up. We walked in silently as the inhabitants stared at us. We went to the castle and the great bronze studded oak doors swung open.

We walked on the red carpet and i almost jumped out of my skin as fire erupted alon the walls. We finally reached an inner donr that swung open. I exchanged a worried look with Samantha and she held my hand. At the end i saw two thrones- both occupied.