CHAPTER FOUR

Yoongi and Jungkook walked through the doors of Midtown High, making their way to their lockers and scanning the crowd for any signs of Jimin or Taehyung

Yoongi and Jungkook walked through the doors of Midtown High, making their way to their lockers and scanning the crowd for any signs of Jimin or Taehyung. All four of the boys shared a homeroom and had fairly similar schedules, which saved their asses when it came to group projects. It was no secret that they only had each other, even the teachers had noticed and took pity on them, never making them pair up with anyone but each other. Taehyung was the only exception to that rule, but he made it clear he thought his popular friends were too stupid to do group projects with, which wasn't true, but it was Taehyung's excuse to work with Yoongi, Jimin and Jungkook.

The two boys arrived at their lockers and were met by the familiar sight of Jimin waiting for them. Wearing a black turtleneck and his signature black rimmed glasses, he leaned against a locker reading through their chemistry textbook. He looked up as Jungkook and Yoongi approached him, a smile spreading across his face at the sight of his friends.

"Did you forget to do your homework, Jiminie?" Yoongi asked, smirk evident on his face, aiming to add another tally mark of won arguments on his list.

"Of course not, you know me better than that Yoongi. I was reading ahead since you two were taking your sweet time."

"Blame Jungkook, he burnt the bagels."

"How do you burn bagels?"

"Am I the only one who finds it completely reasonable to burn a bagel? I got distracted and left them in the toaster, it can happen to anyone!" Jungkook exclaimed, desperately trying to clear his name from his lack of cooking skills.

"Ggukie, I think it's just you." Jimin says as he pats Jungkook on his shoulder. "You're a genius but can't properly toast a bagel."

Yoongi lets out a laugh, "See, I said the exact same thing."

Jungkook does nothing but sigh and shake his head, he knows he won't win the argument anyway and will just have to live with them not allowing him to live down the Great Bagel Incident for the next 5 months. He wasn't entirely mad about it, he loved his friends too much, specifically the black haired one. In more than just a friend way, but that would be his little secret until the day he died, or if a miracle happened. He wasn't counting on the latter.

The three boys headed towards their chemistry classroom, Jungkook remaining particularly quiet throughout the conversation Jimin and Yoongi were having. His mind was somewhere else, well particularly on someone. It wasn't difficult to guess who either. Jungkook took notice of the small reactions he had to simple things Yoongi did and he was beginning to realize that his small crush on his best friend may be a bit more than just a small crush.

He found himself smiling whenever Yoongi laughed, more so than before, and he felt his entire body heat up when Yoongi would accidentally brush against him. He would blush whenever he was caught staring at Yoongi, and vice versa, and he felt an overwhelming need to make sure Yoongi was happy and protected at all times. At first, Jungkook blamed the heightened senses, but he didn't feel the same with any of his other friends. True, he noticed things more frequently, but his reactions to Yoongi were much different. A scary, but also thrilling different, one that he wanted more than he probably should.