|3.1|

Welcome to chapter 3.1, aka the chapter where everything goes to shit!

Susie's Pov

My head shot up. Standing over by the door was a woman I hadn't seen for 12 years, and hoped I would never see again.

My mother.

My mother was never a "bad mom" per se, but she wasn't exactly dedicated either. She always did the bare minimum for me to survive. She was out every night with her "bar buddies", and I didn't realize until I was 12, but by "bar buddies", she meant boyfriend. She never seemed to care about my father or I, and that was what started my father's drinking. Once the drinking started, she went out more and more, and eventually she just didn't come back. I was 5. 

But here I was, sitting on a bench in a police station, staring up at the mirror image of me. The mauve skin, the wavy hair, and the yellow eyes that I hated so much- they were all there. My blood boiled.

"Oh my god, Susie!" she dropped her bags and ran towards me. She wrapped me into a giant hug. I pushed her off.

"What the hell do you want, Theresa? Why are you even here?" I spat. She looked at me with teary eyes.

"I got a call from the police about your father and I came as fast as possible-" she began. I didn't let her finish.

"Okay? But why do you care? You certainly didn't when I was 5." This woman was supposed to raise me, and instead she ran off with some weird-ass man she met in a bar. And now she was trying to just waltz right back into my life? Fuck that!

"I'm so sorry, Susie, I didn't realize what I was doing-" 

"But you didn't even think to visit me, call me, or even just send a fucking letter once or twice? Sure shouts "I feel so much remorse for neglecting my daughter and leaving her in an abusive household for 12 years of her life", doesn't it?" She was crying, but it felt good to get this off my chest.

"Susie-"

"Don't fucking call me that, Theresa! You don't deserve to call me that. You address me with the god-awful name you gave me! "

"S-Susannah... Please!"

"Why should I let you back into my life? After all you've done, why should I allow you to be a part of my life again? You were clearly very happy to run off with your little "bar buddy", why don't you just run on back?" Theresa stared at the floor.

"Mark wanted to meet you..." she said.

"Well, you can tell Mark that he missed his chance when I was five." 

"Officer Undyne said that I would be taking over legal custody of you. We have a nice, big house in Middleville, two dogs, and you would have a little brother! You could have a new start and a new life, one where you could escape your past! Please..." 

I didn't know what to say. As much as I hated her, I would be lying if I said that the idea of Turing over a clean slate wasn't tempting. And having a little brother...

That's when the door opened again.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hell yeah