Chapter 87: It's Christmas! (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"Of course, I remember, it was last Christmas." Draco shakes his head at the memory.

"She made us sit at the dining table while she, my Mother and Al ate." Blaise continues. "And I was starving." He adds.

"It is important to be punctual." Luna presses a peck to his cheek.

Blaise stares back confounded. "You're always late." He states.

"Not always." She returns with a smile as they reach the front door of the manor.

Blaise opens his mouth to argue further, but Draco cuts him off by knocking sharply three times on the door. A few seconds later, Gharther opens the door staring widely at both Draco and Hermione.

"Mistress in library," Gharther tells them, opening the door wider for them to enter.

"Thank you, Gharther." Hermione smiles down at the house-elf, unable to dislike him for his part in her attempted poisoning. He had to follow Narcissa's orders.

Gharther looks down at his feet, looking upset as he shuts the front door and disappears.

Blaise leads Luna down the hallway towards the library where he knocks on the door before entering. Hermione follows Draco but stops a second to take a deep breath, remembering the first time she had been in the library with Narcissa after the ceremony. Draco seems to understand, taking her hand in his and giving it a reassuring pat before opening the door to the library.

"Merry Christmas, Mother." Draco smiles as they enter, finding his Mother stood in the centre of the rug, hands resting atop of Luna's stomach. "Mother, what are you doing?" Draco snaps, drawing their attention.

"The baby is very active this afternoon. Would you like to feel?" Luna offers, turning to face them.

Hermione takes her up on the offer, allowing Luna to place her hands upon her pregnant stomach. There isn't any movement for a few seconds until Luna starts humming a tune and, what she says is her baby's head, moves.

"Wow!" Hermione's eyes widen. "Draco, do want to feel this?" She asks him.

Draco takes a step back, shaking his head. "No, I don't think that's a good idea." He admits.

"It's fine, Draco. You can touch my wife's stomach." Blaise smirks at him.

"Now I really don't want to touch it." He grimaces.

"It?" Hermione questions him.

"The baby. It's so small inside there." He nods at Luna's stomach.

"That's enough," Narcissa announces. "Please, join me in the reception room." She gestures for them to follow her as she seemingly drifts out of the library, her feet hidden beneath a long, deep purple gown.

They follow her into a large reception room where she takes a seat on a dusty pink armchair. Luna and Hermione take the mint green loveseat, leaving the boys to perch on the arm of the armchair, which Narcissa doesn't look impressed by but she manages to hold her tongue.

"How have you been, Mother?" Draco asks, making conversation.

"Vey well, thank you, although I haven't seen my son in over three weeks." She mentions, tucking her long hair behind her shoulder. "How often do you see your Mother, Blaise?"

"Once or twice a fortnight whenever we're not travelling?" He answers, sending a wink to Draco when Narcissa turns to face her son.

"His Mother doesn't even live in the country." She sighs.

"December is a hectic month at Hogwarts," Draco explains.

"And yet it's been the Christmas holiday for over a week." She argues.