Pain

Time skip and Natsu's POV
It's Friday after school and I can't wait to take Lucy out again. I love taking her out, it makes us both happy. I decide today on the normal dinner and movie date. I take her to a buffet and we sit down once we get our food.

"I love seeing Gray and Jellal so happy. They deserve it." Lucy says as we eat

"Yeah. I've never seen them so happy. Especially Gray when Juvia first hugged him. Man she was bold to just hug him like that and she didn't even know him."

"Yeah but he sure didn't mind!" She laughs and I laugh to

"He sure didn't. I don't think any guy would mind. Randomly hugged by a cute girl."

"Oh so you think she's cute?" She asks and raises a eyebrow

"Well she's not ugly. But she's not for me." I tell her and wink

"She better not be." She mumbles and takes a bite of food.

"Luce you know I love you and only you."

"I know. I love you too. But I also love messing with you." She giggles and I just smile. I love how she's playful.

We eat and have fun talking about Gray and Jellal and how they are lovestruck. Juvia and Erza are definitely love struck too and we find it adorable how they all hit it off so well so fast. It's like they were meant to be. We are currently pulling up to the movie theater when my phone rings. It's my dad.

"Hey dad."

"Son. I need you to come home now."

"Why dad. What's wrong?"

"Your mother. She's had a heart attack. She's in the hospital."

"What?! I'm on my way!" I yell and quickly hang up.

"What's wrong Natsu?" Lucy asks Obviously concerned.

"My dad called and said my mom had a heart attack and she's in the hospital. Do you want me to take you home or come with me?" I ask her while trying to control my emotions.

"I want to stay with you. I know you need the support right now." She says and hugs me tightly.

"Thank you. Hold on tight." I tell her and she does.

We never got off my bike so it was easy to just take off. I speed through the city back home. We get there and hop off my bike and rush inside.

"Dad?!" I shout and hear footsteps.

"Natsu. Your here. Hello Lucy." He says with pain in his voice.

"Hello sir. I'm sorry to hear what happened. I'm here for support. I pray she's ok." Lucy says sadly and fights back tears.

"We can leave now and go see her. Come on Natsu. We can ride in the car." He says and heads to the garage.

We get in the car. My dad drives and me and Lucy sit in the back together. She's holding my hand tightly trying to comfort me. I'm scared to death of losing my mom. I know I'm closer to my dad but that doesn't mean I don't love her just as much. I'd be crushed without her and I know Lucy knows it. We soon arrive at the hospital and enter. They tell us her room number and we rush over there. Lucy never let go of my hand and I don't want her to. We head to her room to see a doctor heading out.

"Excuse me! Your the doctor for my wife Mrs. Dragneel?" My dad asks.

"Yes sir. We are working to save her but I'm afraid she's not going to make it. She had a massive heart attack and is barely hanging on. We will continue to work on her but I can't promise anything. Pray for a miracle, they do happen." He says sadly